WHO WE ARE
THE POSITION: Government Health Financial Analyst
Mercer’s Government Human Services Consulting (GHSC) practice focuses on the unique and challenging needs of the public health care sector, providing a wide array of consulting services to local, state, and federal government agencies across the country. GHSC specializes in assisting government-sponsored health care programs in becoming more efficient purchasers of health services and with navigating the evolving landscape of public health care from a regulatory, operational and implementation perspective.
GHSC brings together a team of over 350 highly skilled and dedicated consultants, clinicians, actuaries, analysts, and pharmacists across four offices in Phoenix, Minneapolis, Atlanta and Washington DC to ensure a coordinated approach to the administrative, operational, actuarial, and financial components of public-sponsored health care programs.
WHAT WE VALUE
- Strong analytical skills, both quantitative and qualitative, and working knowledge of Microsoft Office—Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of data analysis, project management, and presentation design
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Intellectual curiosity; seeking opportunities to develop new skills
- Ability to work in teams and be flexible to work under tight deadlines and changing client needs
- Superior organizational skills and strong attention to detail
- A bachelor’s degree in computer information sciences, economics, finance, mathematics, actuarial science, management information systems, statistics, supply management, public policy, public health, or a related analytical major
- Minimum GPA of 3.0/4.0
- Legal work authorization to work in the U.S. on a permanent and ongoing basis without the need for sponsorship now or in the future
WHAT A TYPICAL DAY LOOKS LIKE
- Perform comprehensive analysis of health care data using spreadsheet and database management software
- Assist in the development of client communications, proposals, reports, spreadsheets, and presentations
- Work on multifaceted projects to gain a better understanding of health care delivery systems, specifically government-sponsored health and welfare programs, such as Medicaid and Medicare
- Excel in a fast-paced, challenging and dynamic consulting environment with colleagues across all organizational levels
- Collaborate with a focused group of colleagues on smaller team based assignments with opportunities to participate in larger scale client and industry projects
WHAT’S IN IT FOR ME?
- Be challenged to deliver impactful solutions for major Government organizations and have a direct impact on their employees
- Fine tune your natural skills and learn new ones
- Opportunity to work with some of the smartest people in the industry
- Participate in a mentorship program with veteran consultants that have years of experience in the consulting industry.
- Excellent growth, mobility and advancement opportunities
- Top benefits – generous PTO including vacation, sick, personal and even 1 day off for community service!
Candidates must apply via the Mercer careers website to be considered. Please follow the link in your school career system to the posting on our website. You will be contacted only if you are selected for a first round interview. The first round interview will consist of an on-demand digital video interview through the Hirevue platform.