View job on Handshake
Corning is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people’s lives.
The Global Supply Management (GSM) Function is recognized as a critical function for business success. It delivers the training, tools, and opportunities needed to create innovative solutions for the function & the corporation. GSM has leading-edge, effective processes to anticipate and exceed customer requirements.
Overview of GSM Intern Program Corning’s summer internship experience is rich with hands-on learning. You’ll live, work, and experience the communities in which Corning operates while building on-the-job skills. Interns are expected to deliver results against our business and supply chain objectives, applying knowledge and practices both independently and as a team. Working with a supervisor or mentor, you will gain work experience while interacting with key technologies, subject-matter experts, and leaders. The purpose of the Global Supply Chain Intern Program is to raise the bar on talent by strengthening our pipeline for entry-level roles for immediate and future needs.
- Competitive salaries
- Housing assistance
- Travel reimbursement
- Social and networking events
- Volunteer opportunities
- Community Involvement
Day to Day Responsibilities:
Apply supply chain skills and knowledge to their assigned project or projects.
The candidate should be able to utilize and build on solid supply chain fundamentals to complete his/her tasks
- Some travel may be required, less than 10%
Hours of work/work’s schedule/flextime:
- 40 hours per workweek – Monday to Friday (8:00 am – 5:00 pm)
- Pursuing a degree in Supply Chain Management or equivalent
Required Years and Area of Experience:
- Relevant experience is a plus
- Demonstrates Drive and Commitment
- Ability to comprehend, analyze, and solve complex problems
- Ability to change priorities and tasks as necessary
- Ability to work independently in a dynamic, business/manufacturing environment
- Computer Literate in MS Office
- Project Management
- SAP knowledge and experience
- Ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks
- Fluent in English
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Adaptable and flexible
- Able to work in a team environment
This position does not support immigration sponsorship.