Global Strategy & Planning Intern, MBA – Summer 2022 Internship, May-August, Remote (Meraki)
Meraki is making IT easier, faster, and smarter. As a business unit of Cisco Systems, Meraki is the fastest growing cloud-managed networking team in the world with products and technology architecture that are changing the face of enterprise networking and making cloud-managed IT a reality. What truly makes Meraki special are the people – people who keep the culture strong and make working here exciting, meaningful, and rewarding.
Cisco Meraki’s Strategy & Planning team’s mission is to drive Meraki’s growth and competitive edge. This team is responsible for Corporate Strategy, Growth/New Markets, and Pricing & Promotions. As a Strategy & Planning MBA intern you will gain exposure to these areas and help us guide the future direction of the business.
This is a highly visible role that involves collaborating with cross-functional groups, such as Product Management, Sales, Marketing, Finance, and Operations. You will work closely with leaders across these teams to gather input, develop recommendations, and sell them to the broader organization.
A strong candidate will have a high degree of comfort tackling ambiguous problems, experience working with senior executives, excellent relationship building skills, strategic and analytical approaches and strong organizational skills to drive projects to completion.
Potential Internship Projects:
- Conduct market research to identify and prioritize new markets for Meraki to expand into and develop recommendations for our executive team
- Partner with Cisco’s Corporate Development team to assess M&A/investment opportunities
- Help drive and optimize our strategic planning processes
- Develop, drive and measure the value of promotions and/or sales incentives
- Internship Stipend
- Competitive salary
- Customized laptop
- Medical plans
- Virtual Internship for Summer 2022
Who you are:
- Currently pursuing an MBA with a graduation date in 2023
- Outstanding communication & relationship-building skills
- Superior critical thinking and problem solving skills, and understanding of strategic frameworks & concepts
- Ability to effectively develop and articulate data-driven recommendations
- Ability to take initiative and work autonomously to structure & solve strategic problems
- Curious about and able to understand networking and cloud technologies
- Strong analytical skills and proficiency in Excel and PPT (experience with SQL and/or data visualization tools like Microstrategy, Tableau a plus)
- Foundational understanding of finance concepts and experience with financial modeling
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.
U.S. Vaccination Requirements
Cisco requires all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated or have an approved religious or medical accommodation. Candidates accepting an offer must provide proof of vaccination status on their first day. If someone anticipates requesting an accommodation for this requirement, they must receive approval before the start date. Candidates receiving an offer will receive additional information about the accommodation process at the time of the offer. All offers of employment are contingent upon complying with Cisco’s vaccination policy.