View job on Handshake
Marsh is a global leader in insurance broking and risk management. In more than 130 countries, our 30,000 colleagues work with clients of all sizes to define, design, and deliver innovative solutions to better quantify and manage risk. We offer risk management, risk consulting, insurance broking, alternative risk financing, and insurance program management services to businesses, government entities, organizations, and individuals around the world. Since 1871, clients have relied on Marsh for trusted advice, to represent their interests in the marketplace, make sense of an increasingly complex world, and help turn risks into new opportunities for growth.
During this internship, our Risk Economic Interns, work under close supervision with senior advisors, conducting research on economic factors; performing a variety of basic actuarial, financial, and statistical analysis; and supporting the development of new, market-leading analytics-based tools to help clients assess and mitigate risk.
Upon completion of the summer internship, exceptional interns may receive full time offers to join us upon graduation
Locations: Chicago, IL
WHAT WE VALUE
- Exceptional interpersonal skills for establishing and maintaining excellent client relationships
- Analytical aptitude with advanced problem solving skills and financial aptitude
- Strong ability to be organized, prioritize workload, and pay attention to detail
- Excellent verbal/writing skills for complex communications with clients and internal stakeholders
- General knowledge of business principles and strong business acumen
WHAT’S IN IT FOR ME?
- Join an outstanding professional services firm with more than 150 years of history
- Fine tune your natural skills and learn new ones
- The opportunity to work with some of the smartest people in the industry, who will coach, challenge and enable you.
- A culture of collaboration and strong partnerships across the business
- Being part of a an organization of innovators in the transfer of risk, actuarial science, and analytics
- First hand exposure to client work
- Fun social and professional development events throughout the summer
A TYPICAL DAY MAY INCLUDE ANY OF THE FOLLOWING ACTIVITIES:
- Assists in the development of new, market-leading analytics-based tools to assess risk under direct supervision
- Performs basic quantitative modeling and statistical analysis in order to assess risk and the viability of risk mitigation solutions
- Provides research support to identify recommendations that minimize the cost of risk
- Assists in matching analytical services to client’s financial needs to forecast risk, losses, and financial impact
- Applies basic understanding of product and risk assessment and possible outcomes by scenario testing
- Supports team members in designing analytical models and processes to help internal and external clients quantify/mitigate risks
- Interested in pursuing designation from the Casualty Actuarial Society (passed exams preferred)
- Pursuing bachelor’s Degree in Actuarial Science, Math, Statistics, or a related field
- Ability to explain facts and figures related to job area
- Developing statistical modeling knowledge
- Detail orientation, communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills, particularly in Excel (including Visual Basic)
- Knowledge of programming languages such as Python, R, SAS, VBA a plus
- Permanent Work authorization in the U.S. on an ongoing basis without the need for sponsorship now or in the future
Marsh and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh McLennan, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC). For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.marshmclennan.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Marsh McLennan and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.