View job on Handshake
The Idaho Department of Lands (IDL) has an opening for a Geographic Information System (GIS) Analyst II position located in our Director’s office in Boise, Idaho.
- EXAMPLE OF DUTIES:
- Create, organize, and maintain GIS data for internal, external, and public use.
- Build and maintain GIS layers and databases, including metadata, to ensure data quality and availability.
- Enter data into GIS databases, using techniques such as coordinate geometry, keyboard entry of tabular data, manual digitizing of maps, scanning or automatic conversion to vectors, or conversion of other sources of digital data.
- Develop and maintain web-based mapping applications to provide a visual display of data to users.
- Designs, compiles, drafts, and reproduces data for the creation of maps that displays results of analyses.
- Analyzes spatial data and prepares necessary reports.
- Train and educate customers.
You must possess all the minimum qualifications listed below to pass the exam for this position. Click on the Questions tab associated with this announcement for the details regarding minimum qualification requirements. The Supplemental Questions on the application are the exam questions. If it is a written answer, please make sure you answer each question with enough detail to determine how you meet the requirements. Do not put “See resume” as your answer to written questions. Answer each written question thoroughly. Failure to do this may result in not passing the exam and disqualify you from being considered for this position.
- GIS principles
- Cartographic principles
- Web and mobile GIS principles
- Conducting GIS analysis
- Operating, applying, and programming GIS software products in a work environment
This team works with software and programs to create and maintain data and/or maps that can be combined with geographically referenced data. They design, develop, analyze, enhance, implement, and maintain GIS databases, web applications, and software to relate different types of data such as demographics, land use, land cover, environments, infrastructures, etc. Use GIS and location-based data to integrate agency-wide systems to meet the enterprise goals and needs of the agency.
- Experience planning, designing, and implementing GIS projects and preparing reports of findings.
- Operating, applying, and programming ESRI software products in a work environment
- Knowledge of project management principles
- Knowledge of and experience with web mapping applications
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Hiring is done without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, or disability. If you need special accommodations to satisfy testing requirements, please contact the Division of Human Resources at (208) 334-2263.
Preference may be given to veterans who qualify under state and federal laws and regulations.
Supplemental Questions Instructions:
The top 25 will be determined by the answers applicants provide in the supplemental questions. A subject matter expert (SME) will review each answer and determine if the applicant meets the qualifications described in each question.
Work experience must include: positions held, dates of employment, and responsibilities/duties performed. Education and/or training must include the field of course work, degree title, and additional applicable coursework.
Become part of an organization where you will work with dedicated people who are committed and skilled in managing and protecting Idaho’s natural resources.
Trouble Applying Call:
Applicant Support Toll-free number: 1-855-524-5627
Monday through Friday
6:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Pacific Time