OVERVIEW AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Global Supply Chain helps General Mills make food the world loves. They buy ingredients to make our products, design services and equipment, create and package food and distribute our products. Logistics’ role is to partner with General Mills Operating Units and Sales teams to: plan and schedule the production of our products, execute the movement and storage of our products across Supply Chain and fulfill and manage customer orders.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
As a Supply Chain Logistics Associate (SCLA) or SCLA Intern, you will be immediately challenged with leadership and project management opportunities. You’ll make an impact by:
• Providing end-to-end Supply Chain functional expertise and leadership in the areas of Logistics Planning, Transportation, Customer Service and Warehousing.
• Managing inventory levels, ingredient and material requirements, and Transportation systems in a Manufacturing environment
• Planning production schedules to meet business requirements and key events while maximizing production efficiencies
• Responsibly managing millions of dollars of both finished goods and raw material supply throughout the network
• Building people management experience and servant leadership while driving day-to-day Manufacturing and Warehousing operations
The SCLA program is a 24-month rotational program based in one of our US manufacturing locations. Upon completion of the SCLA program, you will be prepared for positions of greater responsibility at our world headquarters in Minneapolis, Minnesota or other field locations nationwide.
IS THIS YOU?
• Strong interpersonal skills, high learning agility, analytical and decision-making skills
• Technical expertise and process leadership
• Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Industrial Engineering, Logistics, or Operations Management