We’re looking for someone pretty special to help us slang a few tees and get the word out about Marine Layer. This is not a typical retail position because we are not a typical company. While selling shirts and maintaining the store are both very important, we primarily want someone who is personable, self-motivated and 110% committed to the success of their store and the brand as a whole.
We believe that our secret sauce (if you will) lies in the fun, charismatic people that work at Marine Layer. We need someone who can represent our lifestyle and company culture from hundreds of miles away. While we will (of course) be involved in brand experience, training and merchandising, it is very important for you to be genuinely excited about engaging with our customers, employees and the brand.
In addition to finding someone who relates to our 7-day weekend vibes, we are looking for an Store Supervisor who has experience in the following areas:
- Customer Experience: Key word here is experience. We want our teams to talk and engage with customers in an interesting way (not just a normal retail way). You should be (pretty) funny, (very) charismatic and love being the host of a good party.
- Leadership: We want someone who is passionate about keeping a team happy, engaged and challenged. There’s a big difference between managing a team and leading a team.
- Merchandising: Our product needs to look good and sell well in our stores. It’s important for you to have a keen eye for merchandising and visual standards. Don’t fret if you aren’t already a merchandising master… we’ll help train your visual eye.
- Operations: We aim for operational excellence. Following guidance from HQ, tasks should be completed completely and on time.
Desire to work in a start‐up (ish) environment.
A lot of people say they want to work at a small company; not as many people really know what that means. Here it means we all work very hard, we believe deeply in the future of this company, and we all do a lotta bit of everything.
Success in a Retail Leadership Role.
The size of your previous company and the product category you’ve worked in are not important to us. If you have great leadership skills and a positive attitude, you can succeed here.
This is a close-knit group that gets along extremely well. We all work hard, but manage to have a lot of fun along the way. We’re all working towards the same goal of making Marine Layer something special and if you are on board for that, you’ll fit in really well.
- Competitive pay and bonus
- Clothing allowance and generous discount
- Paid time off
- Health, Vision and Dental Insurance available
- 401k with Matching
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Parental Leave