About this Job
TITLE: Full Stack Engineering Intern – Summer 2022
LOCATION: New York, NY (Can be fully remote)
Canoe is reimagining alternative investment data processes for hundreds of leading institutional investors, capital allocators, asset servicing firms and wealth managers. By combining industry expertise with the most sophisticated data capture technologies, Canoe’s technology automates the highly-frustrating, time-consuming, and costly manual workflows related to alternative investment document and data management, extraction and delivery. With Canoe, clients can refocus capital and human resources on business performance and growth, increase efficiency, and gain deeper access to their data. Canoe’s AI-driven platform was developed in 2013 for Portage Partners LLC, a private investment firm.
- Work collaboratively with the Development Team to conduct manual and automated quality assurance (“QA”) tests for new product features prior to review and deployment
- Communicate and itemize results of QA tests to Development Team, focusing on progression of system interactions throughout test
- Analyze and implement tactical systems changes focused on user interface and user experience, as assigned
- Participate and contribute to the software development process, from idea generation through product release
REQUIRED SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
- Knowledge of SQL + one additional general purpose programming language
- Demonstrated ability to learn and execute new programming languages
- Ability to complete assigned projects in a timely fashion
- Detail-oriented and ability to measure details against a standard while identifying flaws
PREFERRED SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
- Familiar with web applications development experience
- Familiarity with OOP, MVC, and commonly used design patterns
- Familiarity with continuous integration, automated testing, source control, and other DevOps methodologies
- Comfort with AWS and Linux
- Familiar with PHP and/or Python development and architecture
- General knowledge of machine learning/natural language processing models
- Creative problem solving – ability to look critically at details and be thoughtful of potential improvements
- Our candidate discovery process generally constitutes the following key milestones: 1 phone interview, 1 technical assessment, and 1-2 video interviews.
- Integrity that adheres to, and encourages, high professional and personal standards.
- Execution and accountability-driven mentality that takes pride in getting the job done.
- Intellectual curiosity, a mind for process and a drive for continual improvement.
- Demonstrated passion for problem solving, a desire to help people and a client-centric focus.
- A comfort level with both giving and receiving respectful constructive critical feedback.
- The ability to identify and articulate goals and measurements for your and others’ success.
Canoe is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.