Building a career at Granite may be the most valuable thing you could do…
This position is responsible for maintaining the company’s financial planning system data integrity and standard reporting to ensure the accuracy of the data compiled for the company during its decision-making processes.
Essential Job Accountabilities
- Perform required financial systems administration including but not limited to Adaptive to ensure data integrity and accurate reporting.
- Develop and maintain global standardized reporting to ensure all companywide and departmental reporting needs are both in sync and streamlined.
- Perform user system access, including user setup, maintenance, change and removal to ensure system access is in compliance with company internal control requirements and segregation of duties is in alignment.
- Assist with identifying financial system user needs in reference to training, financial system functionality and process management to ensure the users’ needs are being met.
- Assist in the design, implementation and maintenance of reporting, utilizing best practices to ensure reporting accuracy and compliance.
- Assist the FP&A Manager with providing subject matter expertise to financial systems users and IT Business Partners to ensure we are fully leveraging current and future system functionality.
- Review system functionality and performance to assist with keeping IT Business Partners informed of financial system health.
- Provide customer service and support to Accounting and Finance departments during close process to ensure financial system needs are met and any troubleshooting is remediated.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Information Technology.
- 3-5 years of experience with financial system applications and processes
- Increasing responsibilities and experience with large enterprise systems (Oracle, JD Edwards, Hyperion, etc.)
- Experience with Query systems and Business Intelligence reporting software
- Project Management experience
Knowledge, skills, and abilities
- 3+ years of hands on system implementation, upgrade and corporate business applications design and development
- Understanding of financial systems and management reporting best practices are imperative.
- Advanced computer skills required (Excel, Word, Access, Adobe Professional, Adaptive, JD Edwards; experience with COGNOS and/or SQL a plus).
- Strong understanding of database applications, table relationships, and query joins
- Ability to collect and transform business requirements into reporting functionality
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Advanced understanding of project lifecycle
- Excellent problem solving, analytical and reporting skills
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to self-direct projects
- High level of professionalism, integrity and commitment to quality
- Excellent communication skills – verbal, written and listening
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships with internal customer base.
- Team player and change agent willing to take on all tasks, large and small
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit and use hands to operate a computer keyboard. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and the ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions