View job on Handshake
FreeThink Technologies, Inc., (www.FreeThinkTech.com) is a rapidly growing company whose mission is to use world-class science to speed better products to market. FreeThink conducts laboratory studies for domestic and international clients in the pharmaceutical, nutraceutical and consumer products industries as well as developing its own novel technologies. FreeThink’s scientists work in a fast-paced environment on a wide variety of projects. The Engineering and Formulation Sciences group develops formulations for evaluation using FreeThink’s ASAPprime® accelerated stability approach, complex dosage forms for customers, and new drug delivery platforms and products.
We are seeking a full-time Formulation Research Engineer to work in our Engineering and Formulation Sciences group at our laboratories in Branford, Connecticut.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO
- Building and maintaining development equipment, including setup, operation, disassembly, cleaning, calibration, and training
- Designing and performing experiments in the development of new, proprietary drug delivery and other technologies
- Compiling, analyzing, and documenting experimental data with available spreadsheet, presentation, and statistical analysis programs
- Developing and analyzing both liquid and solid formulations for client companies
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or equivalent in chemical engineering, mechanical engineering, biomedical engineering, or related scientific field
- Experience in a research laboratory environment and desire to continue in a laboratory focused role
- Good laboratory notebook documentation skills
- Ability to work well in teams of diverse backgrounds and experiences
- Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19
- Must work onsite in Branford, CT
- Authorization to work in the United States on a permanent basis for any employer without the need for sponsorship
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, scientific writing and verbal communication skills
- Experience in the pharmaceutical or related industry, particularly with dosage form development and manufacturing
- Good mechanical skills, particularly with complex equipment and instrumentation
BENEFITS OF WORKING FOR FREETHINK TECHNOLOGIES
- Company-sponsored health and dental plans
- Matching 401K savings plan
- Four weeks annual paid time off (PTO) in addition to holidays
- Beautiful and convenient coastal Connecticut location near New Haven
Please submit a Cover Letter with your application.
FreeThink is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, veteran status, disability status or age.