Omni Hotels & Resorts is seeking a Food & Beverage Leader-in-Development for the beautiful Omni La Mansion!
The Food and Beverage Leader-in-Development (LID) program is a 12-month program designed to develop graduates into successful managers in the division they wish to pursue. The Food and Beverage LID will spend 40 hours each week working within the department and 10 hours completing Learning Commitments throughout the training property. Learning Commitments are projects that will allow LIDs to learn about general hotel operations, as well as the details and functions of their division. Each commitment will provide resources and evaluation criteria.
- Responsible for assigned shift, assisting in overall management.
- Assist in overall supervision of the department as outlined in manager’s job description.
- Complete environmental checklist for dining room.
- Spot check liquor pars and order daily supplies.
- Hold pre-meal meetings.
- Follow up on established training steps.
- Handle guest comments and complaints and ensure guest satisfaction.
- Communicate with guests and receive feedback.
- Stay on the floor during peak hours.
- Examine food preparation and beverage presentation.
- Maintain condition of dining room, restaurants, and room service.
- Assist manager in; scheduling, completing weekly payroll, and forecasting both weekly and monthly.
- Participate in interviewing new employees as needed.
- Monitor food and liquor requisitions and food waste.
- Check bar controls, shot glass use, red lining, and bottles totally empty daily.
- Will be responsible for meeting with Division head weekly, Director of Human Resources each month and corporate mentor bi-monthly
- An Associate’s degree or higher is required, preferably in Hospitality Management.
- Previous Food and Beverage experience is preferred.
- Must be willing to work 47.5 hours per week with a flexible schedule
- Has strong interpersonal skills and is customer service oriented with a sincere, helpful, caring and friendly personality
- Projects enthusiasm, professionalism and a positive attitude at all times
- Pays precise attention to detail, order and cleanliness
- Has outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Able to adapt in a fast paced, constantly changing environment within a dynamic work schedule
- Willingness to relocate upon completion of the program to ensure timely promotion to a management role