View job on Handshake
The goal of the Lefteroff Internship is to honor Tracy’s legacy by providing college students real-world, hands-on experience and mentoring that will inspire them to join the extraordinary world of medical innovation. Set in a creative and collaborative environment, interns learn, work and network with our entrepreneurs, Fogarty Innovation staff members, outside industry experts and physicians. Through this experience, the interns gain a broader view of the medtech landscape and careers available in the healthcare industry.
The program is designed to strengthen the medical device ecosystem by inspiring and educating the next generation of innovators. The Lefteroff interns will gain real-world experience in developing new medical devices, while also participating in a structured curriculum of activities designed to provide a broad view of their many career choices and the medical innovation ecosystem. In turn, the Fogarty Companies-In-Development benefit by having access to upcoming, talented individuals to work on specified projects throughout the summer.
The Lefteroff Internship is an intensive eight-week program comprised of four main components:
- Immersion with Fogarty Innovation startups
- Exposure to medical professionals and clinical medicine
- Interaction with the Silicon Valley innovation ecosystem
- Education Programs
Summer 2022 application and program dates:
- Applications accepted starting December 15, 2021
- Application deadline is January 26, 2022
- Finalist interviews and acceptance notifications occur in late February/early March 2022
- Program begins June 22, 2022
- Program ends August 17, 2022