Cimarron is seeking an entry-level Flight Controller to provide flight control and training support to the International Space Station (ISS) Operations within the NASA Johnson Space Center (JSC) Flight Operations Directorate (FOD) for IVA Operations, in-flight maintenance, and crew systems support. This position will be located onsite at the Johnson Space Center in the Houston, TX area.
- Attain a Mission Control Center Console position and additional certifications required to train astronauts, cosmonauts, flight controllers, and other NASA and International Partner mission operations personnel.
- Maintain a safe environment for astronauts onboard ISS to work and live.
- Monitor real-time status and performance of ISS systems.
- Control ISS system operations from Mission Control.
- Report status and anomalies to mission managers.
- Determine mission impacts and implement corrective actions.
- Test and verify operational products and analysis.
- Integrate requirements with other systems and organizations.
- Develop and maintain operations products, including crew procedures, flight rules, console procedures, and technical references.
- Interface directly with the NASA customer, subcontractors, ISS program personnel, International Partners, and commercial vendors.
- Support shifts as needed, develop training materials, participate in the conduct of simulations, and instruct crew and mission operations utilizing a variety of media and facilities.
Required Skills, Experience, and Education
- Due to facility security requirements, only U.S. citizens are eligible for consideration at this time.
- Cimarron employees are required to follow federal, state, and local laws regarding COVID-19 practices, as well as customer requirements.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), interpersonal, leadership, teamwork, technical, and administrative skills.
- Ability to plan, lead, and coordinate a wide range of tasks.
- Ability to progress through flight controller and instructor certifications.
- Ability to apply technical knowledge and operations concepts to exercise effective decision-making and initiative in a real-time and fast-paced operational environment.
- Be a self-starter who excels in a dynamic environment that requires him/her to work effectively both alone or as part of a team.
- Ability to pass a standard flight controller physical examination and pass security clearances.
- Ability to support Shift work (nights, weekends, and holidays) as needed.
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally, as needed.
- Knowledge of engineering principles and the ability to apply them to real-time operations.
- Bachelor of Science (or anticipated graduation within the next 6 months) in Physics, Mathematics, or Engineering (ABET).
Desired Skills, Experience, and Education
- Previous experience with crewed vehicles, aerospace production, and the maintenance or use of hand tools.
Cimarron is a global solutions company with a strategic partnering approach to satisfying customer-driven requirements. We ensure customer success with a modern approach and experienced leadership. Driven by an entrepreneurial spirit, Cimarron is fueled by highly skilled employees, developing new innovative technologies, and delivering superior products and services.We believe in recognizing employees’ worth by offering competitive salaries and benefits, including health, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) contributions, educational reimbursement, and much more. From company communication through Company-wide information meetings led by our President and CEO, to an Awards program designed to recognize our amazing employees and their accomplishments, you will not only feel like you are a part of a team, you will be a valued member of the Cimarron family. Cimarron is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/Disability/Veteran.