Together, we can beat cancer.
At Varian, a Siemens Healthineers Company, we bring together the world’s best talent to realize our vision of a world without fear of cancer. Together, we work passionately to develop and deliver easy-to-use, efficient oncology solutions.
We are part of an incredible community of scientists, clinicians, developers, researchers, professionals, and skilled specialists pushing the boundaries of what’s possible, to improve people’s lives around the world. We embrace a culture of inclusivity in which the power and potential of every individual can be unleashed. We spark ideas that lead to positive impact and continued success.
If you want to be part of this important mission, we want to hear from you.
Our fast-paced FLASH research and development team is driving a multi-disciplinary approach to bringing FLASH to the world. We are looking for an intern to help us gather data and build an empirical model for FLASH radiotherapy.
In this role, the candidate will be expected to:
- Conduct a scientific literature review
- Work with a team of scientists to build and tune an empirical model
- Evaluate the performance of the model under a variety of situations
- Create and present a slide deck of methods and results
- Draft a literature review and/or research report
- Individuals who are completing an undergraduate program or enrolled in a master’s program in a technical field or hard science
- Research experience
- Interested in a career in the sciences, health care, oncology, or medical device industry
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to use software to analyze and plot data
- Experience with computer programming (MATLAB, Python, C#, etc.) is desirable
To ensure compliance with applicable legal requirements in the U.S., including the federal COVID-19 vaccination mandate, all U.S. employees must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, subject to legally required and approved accommodations.