Please Note: The pay listed above includes the 3.25% pay increase that will go into effect on July 1, 2022.
Keeping Washington Clean and Evergreen
In this role, you will be responsible for the invoicing and reconciliation of the Voluntary Cleanup sites from the Toxics Cleanup Program, and the Spill sites from the Spills Program. You will work closely with the programs to ensure billing is correct and timely. You will also help the Fiscal Analyst 3 desk for the Toxics formal sites and gain knowledge of the formal side of Toxics.
During Healthy Washington Roadmap to Recovery, employees are working a combination of in-office and/or telework based on position and business need. After training is completed, this position is expected to work in the office two to three days a month. Ecology is following current state guidance regarding mask requirements, health screening questions before entry, and social distancing.
Application Timeline: This position will remain open until filled, with an initial screening date of June 22, 2022. In order to be considered for initial screening, please submit an application on or before June 21, 2022.The agency reserves the right to make an appointment any time after the initial screening date.
About the Department of Ecology
Protecting Washington State’s environment for current and future generations is what we do every day at Ecology. We are a culture that is invested in making a difference. Join a team that is highly effective and collaborative, with leadership that embraces the value of people.
Ecology cares deeply about employee wellness; we go beyond traditional benefits, proudly offering:
- A healthy life/work balance by offering flexible schedules and telework options for most positions.
- An Infants at Work Program that is based on the long-term health values of infant-parent bonding and breastfeeding newborns.
- Continuous growth and development opportunities.
- A wellness program that offers education, fitness classes, and an agency-wide fondness for outdoor meetings.
- Opportunities to serve your community and make an impact through meaningful work.
Our commitment to DEIR
Diversity, equity, inclusion, and respect (DEIR) are core values central to Ecology’s work. We strive to be a workplace where we are esteemed for sharing our authentic identities, while advancing our individual professional goals and collaborating to protect, preserve, and enhance the environment for current and future generations.
Diversity: We celebrate and appreciate diversity; our unique perspectives and abilities enrich us all and lead to innovative approaches and solutions.
Equity: We champion equity, recognizing that each of us need different things to thrive.
Inclusion: We intentionally create and hold space so that we all have meaningful opportunities to participate and contribute to Ecology’s work.
Respect: We treat each other with respect and dignity, acknowledging the inherent worth of our diverse perspectives and lived experiences, even in times of uncertainty and disagreement.
We believe that DEIR is both a goal and an action. We are on a journey, honoring our shared humanity and taking steps to demonstrate our commitment to a vision where each of us is heard, seen, and valued.
What is unique about this role?
This position provides you with opportunities to grow and learn.
What you will be doing:
- Review the expenditures and hours journals in D365 for completeness and accuracy for the Voluntary Cleanup program (VCP).
- Prepare the invoices for the VCP program and the Spills program.
- Reconcile the accounts for VCP and Spills.
- Prepare reclassification spreadsheets for program staff review and approval.
- Answer questions from the programs and customers about invoices and processes.
A total of Six (6) years of experience and/or education as described below:
Professional level Experience: relevant professional experience, including accounting, bookkeeping or payroll experience.
Education: From an accredited college or university in business, accounting, public administration, or closely related discipline with a minimum of 18 quarter or 12 semester hours of college-level accounting.
All experience and education combinations that meet the requirements for this position:
Special Requirements/Conditions of Employment:
Must sign and abide by the Financial Services/Fiscal Office Agreement on Confidential Information (Part A), Internal Control Responsibility (Part B), Safeguarding and Preventing Misuse of Ecology’s Data (Part C).
We highly encourage you to apply even if you do not have some (or all) of the desired experience below.
- 30 quarter or 20 semester hours of college-level accounting and three or more years of relevant experience.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and organizational skills to create and maintain unit files.
- Reliability to be on the job and be a productive team member in a busy unit with deadlines and seasonal workload issues.
Note: Having some (or all) of this desired experience may make your application more competitive in a highly competitive applicant pool.
Ecology seeks diverse applicants: We view diversity, equity, inclusion, and respect through a broad lens including race, ethnicity, class, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, immigration status, military background, language, education, life experience, physical disability, neurodiversity, and intersectional identities. Qualified candidates from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Need an Accommodation in the application and/or screening process or this job announcement in an alternative format?
- Please call: (360) 407-6186 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist.
- If you are deaf or hard of hearing you can reach the Washington Relay Service by dialing 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6388.
- If you need assistance applying for this job, please e-mail email@example.com. Please do not send an email to this address to follow-up on the status of your application. You can view the latest status of your application on your profile’s main page.
- If you are reading this announcement in print format, please enter the following URL to your search engine to apply: https://ecology.wa.gov/About-us/Get-to-know-us/Jobs-at-Ecology.
It’s in the applicant’s best interest to submit all of the documents listed below. Applications without these documents may be declined.
- A copy of your college transcript(s) showing your college-level accounting credits. (This may be an unofficial online transcript. It does NOT need to be a sealed, certified copy. HTML or PDF formats, or a screen print into Word are acceptable. Please do not paste text from the internet into Word).
- A cover letter describing your interest in this position and how your skills, experience & education will help you succeed in it.
- A list of three work-related references (i.e., supervisor, peer, customer) with current phone numbers.
Please do NOT include your salary history. Wage/salary depends on qualifications or rules of promotion, if applicable.
For Your Privacy:
When attaching documents to your application (such as Resume, Cover Letter, Transcripts, DD-214, etc.):
- Please be sure to remove private information such as your social security number, date of birth, etc.
- Do not attach documents that are password-protected, as these documents may not be reviewed and may cause errors within your application when downloaded.
Additional Application Instructions for Current Ecology Employees:
Please make sure to answer the agency-wide questions regarding permanent status as a classified employee within the Washington General Service or Washington Management Service. Do not forget to select Department of Ecology as a response to question 2, and type your personnel ID number for question 3. If you are not sure of your status or do not know your personnel ID number, please contact Human Resources.
The act of submitting application materials electronically is considered affirmation that the information is complete and truthful. The state may verify this information and any untruthful or misleading answers are cause for rejection of your application or dismissal if employed.
Why work for Ecology?
As an agency, our mission is to protect, preserve and enhance Washington’s environment for current and future generations. We invest in our employees to create and sustain a working environment that encourages creative leadership, effective resource management, teamwork, professionalism, and accountability.
Joining Ecology means becoming a part of a team committed to protecting and restoring Washington State’s environment. A career in public service allows you to help solve some of the most challenging problems facing our state, while keeping your health and financial security a priority. We combine one of the most competitive benefits packages in the nation with a strong commitment to life/work balance.
Ecology employees may be eligible for the following:
Student debt: how working for Ecology can help
Collective Bargaining: This is a position covered by a bargaining unit for which the Washington Federation of State Employees (WFSE) is the exclusive representative.
Equal Opportunity Employer: The Washington State Department of Ecology is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create a working environment that includes and respects cultural, racial, ethnic, sexual orientation and gender identity diversity. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, persons of disability, persons over 40 years of age, veterans, military spouses or people with military status, and people of all sexual orientations and gender identities are encouraged to apply. Persons needing accommodation in the application/testing process or this job announcement in an alternative format may call (360) 407-6186. Applicants who are deaf or hard of hearing may call the Washington Relay Service by dialing 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6388.
Note: This recruitment may be used to fill other positions of the same job classification across the agency. Once all the position(s) from the recruitment announcement are filled, the recruitment may only be used to fill additional open positions for the next sixty (60) days.