View job on Handshake
This individual contributor is primarily responsible for supporting financial planning, modeling, analysis, and forecasting, assisting in financial assessment, preparing financial and other reports, and researching financial trends.
- Pursues self-development and effective relationships with others by sharing resources, information, and knowledge with coworkers and customers; listening, responding to, and seeking performance feedback; acknowledging strengths and weaknesses; assessing and responding to the needs of others; and adapting to and learning from change, difficulties, and feedback.
- Completes work assignments by applying up-to-date knowledge in subject area to meet deadlines; following procedures and policies and applying data, and resources to support projects or initiatives; collaborating with others, often cross-functionally, to solve business problems; supporting the completion of priorities, deadlines, and expectations; communicating progress and information; identifying and recommending ways to address improvement opportunities when possible; and escalating issues or risks as appropriate.
- Supports the evaluation of the business environment by assisting with financial assessment (e.g., Situational, Strengths/Weaknesses/Opportunities/Threats, Opportunity-Based Strategic Planning, system value chain analysis).
- Supports internal and external audits by assisting with preparation of audit schedules and review of audit results.
- Supports the creation of budgets and/or forecasts in accordance with business strategic initiatives by analyzing budgeting trends; conducting budget and forecasting; and providing information as requested to aid the development of department/regional budgets.
- Supports others in advising region/business unit leaders on strategic fiscal matters by assisting with preparation of regular and special reports for both financial and statistical matters in order to facilitate financial management throughout the organization; and assisting with organizing regular meetings with leadership to review financial results for their areas.
- Supports financial modeling by assisting with development of best-practice models; documenting risk alternatives; and assisting with the development of what-if scenarios and forecasts using in-house models or software.
- Supports assessment of the business vision, objectives, and strategic initiatives by conducting research to assess financial impact of strategies and initiatives.
- Supports costing activities by assisting with the identification of cost avoidance and cost recovery opportunities.
- Evaluates performance/operations/financial state by using templates (e.g., cash flow, RFA process, weekly unit case report) and computer applications; conducting financial analyses (e.g., operating cash flow analyses, pro forma P&L, line item walk forwards, volume building blocks, NPV, IRR, Discounted Cash Flow, statistical analyses, economic analyses); and completing variance analysis (e.g., volume, P&L line item, cost of goods, rate).
- Supports reporting of region/business unit financial information by preparing and evaluating financial trend information, data analysis reports, and forecasts of income and expense; recording assets, liabilities, revenues, and expenses; and collecting data/inputs from region/business unit systems to support analyses (e.g., membership and utilization reports, volume reporting, day sales inventory, analysis spreadsheets, investment schedules).
- Supports field operations by assisting with analysis of their operational/financial performance.
- Supports Financial Statement Analysis of business partners (e.g., suppliers, customers, co-packers, acquisition targets) by using software systems (Internet, Bloomberg, and D&B), annual reports, and/or interviews; and determining the financial status (viability) of business partners.
- Supports improving financial performance by assisting with the identification of financial trends; running analyses and calling attention to operational issues that need to be addressed to improve performance.
- Supports strategic financial planning by performing financial, utilization, and benchmark analytics.
- Supports strategic financial planning by gathering recommendations for financial plans, acquisition activity, financial requirements, and operating forecasts; and assisting with development of financial concepts for financial planning and control.
- Bachelors degree in finance, business, or related field OR Minimum three (3) years financial planning and/or data analysis experience, or directly related business experience.
- Two (2) years experience working with intermediate functions of spreadsheet software (e.g., Excel), including filtering data, creating pivot tables, and linking workbooks or spreadsheets.
- Two (2) years experience working with KP data sources or tools.
- Two (2) years health care experience.
- One (1) year experience working with basic SQL and/or SAS coding.
Primary Location: California, San Diego, California Service Center – Rio S.D.
Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40
Workdays: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri
Working Hours Start: 08:00 AM
Working Hours End: 05:00 PM
Job Schedule: Full-time
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group/Union Affiliation: NUE-PO-01|NUE|Non Union Employee
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Department: CSC – Medicare
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.