View job on Handshake
Houlihan Lokey has extensive expertise in mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, activist shareholder and takeover defense, and other related advisory services for a broad range of U.S. and international clients. Our experience in M&A has earned us consistent recognition throughout the industry. In 2020, we were ranked the No. 1 M&A advisor for all U.S. transactions.
Houlihan Lokey’s Technology, Media & Telecom (TMT) Group has earned a reputation for providing superior service and achieving outstanding results in M&A advisory, capital raising, restructuring, and valuation. Our TMT Group was ranked as the No. 1 M&A advisor for U.S. technology, media, entertainment, and telecom transactions under $5 billion in 2020. The group is aggressively expanding, including the acquisition of the firm MVP Capital in 2020.
The environment at Houlihan Lokey is entrepreneurial, and as such, rewards financial analysts with substantial responsibility. We are seeking candidates with initiative and integrity, strong communication skills, commitment, and the ability to work as part of the team.
· A B.A./B.S. – finance, accounting, business, or applied economics is recommended
· At least one year of investment banking or relevant finance experience is required
· COVID vaccination required, subject to applicable state and federal law.
Analysts may work on transactions that provide exposure to various client industries and investment banking services, including mergers and acquisitions, debt and equity capital raises, refinancings, and leveraged buyouts. You will work with a talented, dedicated staff of professionals who will give you broad exposure to the many different issues and concerns affecting businesses today. You will research and analyze financial statements, general economic and industry-specific developments, acquisitions and divestitures, and various investment attributes of publicly traded and private companies.
The environment at Houlihan Lokey is collegial and entrepreneurial, and, as such, rewards Analysts with substantial responsibility and interaction with senior-level professionals. Analysts are members of deal teams comprising at least one Managing Director, Vice President, Associate, and Financial Analyst.
Prior experience in investment banking is a plus but not a requirement for this position. The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
· Self-starter mentality and ability to think creatively
· Unwavering moral integrity and commitment to doing what’s right
· A high degree of intellectual curiosity and desire to never stop learning
· Ability to leverage a diversity of experiences and beliefs
· Keen attention to detail and high level of accuracy in work product
· Ability to manage rapid timelines and proactively manage any potential conflicts
· Ability to exercise sound judgment, make informed decisions and act independently
· Comfort presenting to and engaging with senior colleagues, clients, and counterparties
· Understanding of high-level context and objectives with presentations and analyses
· Commitment to the firm and to clients
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.