As a Financial Analyst you will be responsible for providing reporting and analysis to management, project teams, and business unit owners to support the monthly financial review process.
This role also supports operations in project forecasting and job cost reporting.
This position will be based out of Costa Messa, California with flexible work from home arrangements.
Come join Ledcor’s Properties team today!
- Provides project teams with cost information, assists with forecast preparation, and provides variance analysis to ensure monthly project forecast packages are developed in an effective and timely manner
- Prepares divisional financial summaries and works with business unit owners to understand and forecast divisional results
- Completes monthly divisional profit recognition and provides variance explanation to Corporate Accounting
- Assists business unit managers in managing their costs and understanding financial implications of business decisions
- Investigates errors and anomalies in divisional costs, and works to obtain explanations and resolutions
- Supports business unit managers in the process of developing fiscal budgets
- Participates in senior leadership budget reviews
- Assists in the development of budget and financial review presentation material for presentation by Divisional President to the Board of Directors.
- Assists in the preparation of annual equipment budgets and monthly forecasts
- Provides various scheduled and ad-hoc financial reports and summarizes, explains and/or presents findings and analyses to management
- Provides support to operations in maintaining JD Edwards chart of accounts and project accounting structures
- May perform other related duties as required
- Bachelor of Commerce degree or comparable education
- Is enrolled in or has obtained an accounting designation 2 to 3 years progressive experience
- Ability to manipulate large amounts of data and perform complex functions within Excel
- Proficiency with an ERP accounting system, preferably JD Edwards
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to create concise, professional reports
- Ability to interact effectively in a team environment with other departments, managers, team members and support staff
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple projects
- Strong problem solving and investigative skills