Houlihan Lokey’s Japan cross-border team offers M&A advisory to Japanese public and private companies.
Our team covers a broad array of non-technology sectors, including industrials, chemicals, healthcare, food and beverage, and consumer products. We maintain deep, senior-level relationships with major strategic Japanese buyers looking to acquire companies in the U.S. or Japanese sellers looking to divest their U.S. businesses.
Responsibilities and Deliverables
The Analyst/Associate will be afforded meaningful responsibility and work directly with the team’s Director and Managing Director, who have dedicated their long-term careers to Japanese cross-border M&A. You will also be the interface to our 100+ bankers in Japan and work with one or two rotational expats.
As an Analyst/Associate, you will be expected to:
· Prepare, analyze, and explain historical and projected financial information
· Perform valuation and ad hoc financial analyses
· Prepare marketing materials, confidential information presentations, management presentations, and other presentations as needed
· Prepare research and various analyses in support of new business generation and the execution of M&A transactions
· Assist in the marketing and execution of existing engagements
· Coordinate and perform business and other due diligence
· Build relationships and maintain direct contact with clients, prospective clients, and professional advisors
· Communicate effectively with all members of the team
· Advanced knowledge of accounting and finance
· An undergraduate degree, including an exemplary academic record, from an accredited institution
· Strong analytical/technical and qualitative abilities
· 1+ years of investment banking (M&A) or accounting firm transaction advisory services experience
· COVID vaccination required, subject to applicable state and federal law
· Japanese or other Asian language skills is a plus, but not a must
· Hands-on M&A experience
· Extensive financial modeling and valuation experience
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment managing multiple project deliverables simultaneously
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Strong public speaking and presentation skills
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.