HJF is seeking a Financial Analyst to support the Military HIV Research Program (MHRP) located at Rockledge in Bethesda, Md. HJF provides scientific, technical, and programmatic support services to MHRP.
Develops, interprets and implements financial concepts for financial planning and control. Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
NOTE: As a U.S. Government contractor, all HJF employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by January 18, 2021. Proof of vaccination or an approved religious or medical accommodation will be required.
- Performs monthly technical financial analysis of current expenses and projection trends to determine present and future financial performance of the program, the individual projects, and provides feedback to Leadership.
- Provides monthly financial status reports for awards detailing funding totals, obligations, monthly averages, and funding balance.
- Provide a forecast of expenditures and funding balances for each month of the current year based on available data and input from investigators, program managers, and expected funding increments.
- Maintains cost center listing for program staff and processes new cost requests as needed.
- Monitors open purchase orders and facilitates the closing process to ensure any remaining funds are returned to the program after the service or product has been received.
- Helps monitors the Program’s total fiscal execution; analyzes funding, obligation, disbursement trends and alerts Leadership.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned or directed by the supervisor. This may include attendance of and participation in required training for role.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Knowledge of spreadsheet software; ability to structure and perform sophisticated financial projections and analyses; ability to manage time efficiently and handle multiple tasks; ability to assimilate detailed information into the bigger picture; excellent interpersonal skills with strong focus on customer service.
Minimum Education: Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field required.
Minimum Experience/ Training Requirements: A minimum of 3-5 years of experience required.
Work Environment: This position takes place in a office setting.
Work Arrangement: 100% telework allowed.
Employment with HJF is contingent upon successful completion of a background check, which may include, but is not limited to, contacting your professional references, verification of previous employment, addresses, education, and credentials, a criminal background check, drug screening, and a department of motor vehicle (DMV) check.
Any qualifications to be considered as equivalents, in lieu of stated minimums, require the prior approval of the Chief Human Resources Officer.