Longview headquartered in Tampa, Florida, oversees third-party senior housing management companies that operate 85 properties across 23 states. We focus on community strategy, including management company selection and operational improvements, and on the appropriate scope for community re-positionings and renovations. Through this process, we collaborate with our licensed third-party community managers to improve the lifestyle, care and accommodations for our residents.
ABOUT THE INTERNSHIP
Financial Analyst Interns are hired for a 10-week immersive experience where they learn the fundamentals of financial planning and analysis, investments and assets analyses and experience the culture of Longview Senior Housing. During the internship, individuals will receive training and work on a variety of projects that directly impact the business such as demographic and income research, competitive set analysis, and labor and wage analysis. Summer interns are immediately a part of our collaborative culture and build enduring relationships with their fellow interns, manager, and assigned mentor. Summer interns also have the opportunity to network with various professionals through organized social events. Finally, each summer intern will work with an assigned mentor to complete a project and present their findings with other interns to the executive leadership team. This position is based out of Longview’s headquarters in Tampa, FL.
Our 2022 summer internship program will begin June 2022 and last through August 2022. To be eligible, you must be a college student during the time of the internship program.
- Conduct initial research on potential investments
- Assist with preparing financial reports related to budgeting, forecasting and financial results
- Assist underwriting with various types of transactions including dispositions, major leasing, redevelopments, debt financings and joint ventures
- Conduct initial long-term asset strategy analysis
- Retrieve and analyze data from several research, financial and industry-specific systems
- Perform special projects as assigned
- Current junior undergraduate student at an accredited four-year institution (graduating 2023)
- Pursuing a degree in accounting, finance, real estate, economics or business with a finance/accounting concentration
- Minimum GPA of 3.5
- Strong knowledge of MS Word and PowerPoint; advanced knowledge of MS Excel preferred
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in Tampa, FL in a full-time capacity for 10 weeks, beginning in June of 2022