View job on Handshake
Based in Berkeley, CA (Hybrid)
July and August 2022 (some flexibility with exact dates)
Excellent Experience and Competitive Compensation
We offer managed services to our clients, which requires daily support based on the understanding of the investment processes of the clients. We also aim to improve the software to offer better service. With the increased number of clients in the U.S., we want to strengthen our existing U.S. team of one experienced analyst by recruiting two interns. The software is written in C# and makes heavy use of the Microsoft Cloud (Azure). A Microsoft SQL-Server database provides the data foundation for the system.
We aim to be an equal opportunities employer and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race.
About the Internship
With the internship, you will:
· Gain exposure to the real FinTech industry
· Learn how the real-world investment works
· Work with the Ryedale team of experienced software engineers and finance experts
· Visit the client offices and work with the industry-leading investment managers
· Deliver software that is critical to the investment operations.
We also offer reasonable cash compensation for the internship.
What we want from applicants
· Learning the investment processes used by investment teams of the clients
· Learning the key features of the Ryedale software
· Helping with software updates by pre-checking it behaves well in realistic use-cases.
· Working with software engineers (who are mostly in London) to diagnose and fix problems.
The successful applicant will learn the functions of the software from our software developers and will work with our clients to appreciate how it should behave in the daily investment process. We expect you to grasp the business processes followed by the portfolio managers quickly. You should learn to discern which parts of the software work well and develop ideas on how to improve parts that work less well. You should be able to communicate your ideas clearly in both written and spoken English.
The ideal candidate will have an enthusiastic interest in both financial markets and technology, and be self-motivated to learn. Do not worry if your technical skills do not exactly match our technologies exactly. It is enough that you can program in some language, you enjoy it, and are keen to learn more.
In offering this internship, we are ideally looking for someone who will be interested in working for us in the future in a full-time capacity. We have experience of taking on entry-level graduates and the work experience will be appropriate to that level.
If you are keen, and think you may be a good fit to the requirements, please send a CV to us. We aim to hold interviews and complete the hiring process in May 2022.