View job on Handshake
We are a diverse team of collaborators, doers, and problem-solvers who are relentlessly committed to a culture of safety. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable space flight. Join us in lowering the cost of access to space and enabling Blue Origin’s vision of millions of people living and working in space to benefit Earth.
As part of a hardworking team of diverse finance professionals you will be responsible for supporting financial planning, analysis and performance management activities for Blue Origin’s New Glenn Business Unit. Named after pioneering astronaut John Glenn, New Glenn is a single configuration heavy-lift launch vehicle capable of carrying people and payloads routinely to Earth orbit and beyond. Featuring a reusable first stage built for 25 missions, New Glenn will build a road to space.
Under the supervision of the New Glenn Finance Manager, you will provide financial expertise and business partnership to program leaders across the product lifecycle of the New Glenn Program. As a self-starter and effective communicator, you will represent the New Glenn finance organization within various program and cross-functional communities, working directly with leaders in areas like production control, engineering, integrated supply chain, quality and manufacturing.
We are looking for someone to apply their technical expertise, leadership skills, and commitment to quality to positively impact safe human spaceflight. Passion for our mission and vision is required!
- Drive financial performance by developing operating and financial metrics, analyzing results and trends to create impactful insights, reporting results to New Glenn program senior leadership
- Support the annual and multi-year financial planning activities by anticipating business changes and spotting trends, getting key stakeholders aligned on material inputs, completing input models and ensuring all planning and reporting data is accurately reflected in financial systems
- Support month end close processes including the analysis and reporting of financial results, ensuring accuracy of material financial accounting entries such as cost and revenue accruals
- Support the establishment of cost accounting frameworks and processes to ensure accurate tracking of program recurring costs through the end-to-end production process
Skills and Abilities:
- Experience utilizing and rapidly gaining technical proficiency using enterprise resource planning (ERP) tools, financial and operational databases and accounting software
- Advanced Excel financial modelling skills
- Strategic, results-oriented, growth focused highly skilled collaborator, influencer, and frequent communicator with multiple partners and stakeholders at all levels
- Ability to effectively manage multiple, large scale projects and dynamically shift focus and reprioritize when needed
- Highly collaborative with excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build internal and external professional relationship
- Exceptional analytical, strategic and critical thinking skills; demonstrated success delivering business value through applying innovative and analytical, problem solving techniques
- Highest levels of integrity, unquestionable ethics, and excellent judgement
- Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate discipline such as Business, Finance, Accounting, Economics or STEM fields and 3+ years of directly related experience
- Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
- Blue Origin will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Washington Fair Chance Act, Los Angeles Fair Chance in Hiring Ordinance, and other applicable laws.
- Master’s degree in an appropriate discipline such as Business, Finance, Accounting, Economics or STEM fields
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation or recognized international equivalents
- Structured Query Language (SQL) programming skills
- Experience with Deltek, Coupa and Planful software tools
- Experience in industrial, manufacturing, engineering or technology organizations with a high level of change management