We are looking for a strong communicator with good data visualization skills, to develop financial plans, budgets, rate review filing documents and business planning and support analyses.
Bring YOUR energy to Alliant Energy!
If you enjoy challenges, have strong consultative skills and are passionate about the work you do we invite you to consider Alliant Energy!
What sets us apart?
- Excellent pay and benefits
- A commitment to career growth and development
- A culture that embraces our core values of live safety, do the right thing, care for others, make things better, act for tomorrow, and think beyond – be bold.
- The opportunity to make a positive impact on our local communities
Alliant Energy has a current opening for a Financial Analyst I or higher, to join our team! This position will support internal business units in financial and economic analysis and modeling. We are looking for a candidate who has a desire to be a strategic business partner for our operations and learn the energy industry.
We are looking for a strong communicator with good data visualization skills, to develop financial plans, budgets, rate review filing documents and business planning and support analyses. The person in this role will provide top tier support with customers to achieve business goals and address opportunities and challenges.
Where will I work?
This is a hybrid position, where you will work in the office at least two days a week and have the option to work from home on the other days. The position will be located out of the Cedar Rapids, IA or Madison, WI office. Even though this position is remote hybrid, the successful candidate must reside in Iowa or Wisconsin.
This position may be filled at the senior level. Alliant Energy will not provide sponsorship for an employment visa (e.g., H-1B visa) now or in the future for this position.
- Participates in maintaining, and modifying financial models to generate business unit level long-term forecasts or analysis with direction from a senior/lead
- Participates in analysis of financial data/trends including comparing forecast to actual results
- Effectively communicates (verbally and written) financial information to internal and external stakeholders in a concise and simplified manner. Actively listens to other alternative ideas and views.
- Participates in business planning and support analysis including economic scenario analysis, performance benchmarking, opportunity and risk assessment and research projects with direction from a senior/lead
- Proactively works with customers to provide financial consulting to help achieve business goals
- Seeks opportunities for different and innovative approaches to address issues or problems.
- Effectively supports and adapts to change in the workplace
- May be involved in/responsible for assisting in developing rate review filing documents
- Participates in process improvements and automation activities to drive efficiencies within department
Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in accounting, economics, finance or a related discipline.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated general knowledge of financial modeling and financial planning.
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to use computer software programs (e.g., e-mail, word processing, spreadsheet, and power point). Knowledge of common financial software applications preferred.
- Ability to work in a diverse work environment.
Applications will be accepted until a qualified pool of candidates is received.
Our Values: It’s not just what we do; it’s how we do it.
Live Safety. Everyone. Always | Make Things Better | Care For Others | Do The Right Thing | Act For Tomorrow | Think Beyond. Be Bold
Alliant Energy is committed to providing an inclusive work environment for all and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer where an applicant’s qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this dedication, Alliant Energy works to ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations.
All candidates selected for employment with Alliant Energy will be required to successfully complete a drug screen and background check.
Disclaimer: The above information on this description has been crafted to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not crafted to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.