View job on Handshake
We are seeking an experienced Financial Analyst to join our Finance team. You will drive financial planning, analysis, and reporting. You must thrive in a fast-paced and results-oriented environment. You’ll need the ability to collaborate in a cross-functional capacity and influence the decisions of business leaders through effective verbal and written communication, logical reasoning, and the presentation of alternatives. You must be a high-performer who is passionate, driven, and forward-thinking. You must be able to think and act both strategically and tactically.
This key position is responsible for:
- Preparing various financial analyses and research on Credit Union operations as directed by the Director of Finance or CFO including but not limited to; ROI calculations, profitability, marginal cost, loan & deposit pricing, income statement, and balance sheet projections.
- Maintaining monthly update of ProfitStar that is used for projection and budgeting modeling.
- Preparing peer benchmark analysis and ratio tracking reports.
- Maintaining and reporting loan and deposit peer rate changes for internal users.
- Working on monthly financial planning and analytical duties including forecasts, month-end close, liquidity management, and annual budgets.
- Preparing monthly or quarterly financial reporting packages for the BOD or ALCO.
- Providing the support files and working with the third-party ALM advisor.
- Performing meaningful analysis of Budget vs. Actual variances and supporting the annual financial budgeting process.
- Identifying improvement opportunities to the forecast and budgeting process that drive efficiencies in the organization.
- Working with large files of qualitative and quantitative data and interpreting this data into business impacts and recommendations.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with various teams throughout the organization to gather inputs and building reporting processes.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in Finance.
- Four-year college degree in Finance or Accounting preferred.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
- Knowledge of Symitar/ProfitStar preferred.
- Ability to effectively handle confidential information and materials.
- Ability to proactively research issues, suggest improvements, and formulate new analysis.
- Demonstrated sense of urgency and exceptional time management skills.
- Ability to work autonomously, as a team member, and in a cross-functional capacity with other departments to accomplish responsibilities.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple competing priorities simultaneously, and drive projects to completion.
- Ability to identify problems, analyze relevant data, think critically and strategically, generate alternatives, and select solutions to problems.
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills. Ability to communicate complex issues in a concise, clear manner.
- Experience in the financial services industry preferred
- Thorough knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Thorough knowledge of the General Ledger system.
Why SkyOne is a great place to work
We understand that it’s our employees that make us great, and we treat them as our greatest asset, with comprehensive and competitive compensation and benefits package that includes:
- Health, dental, and vision plans to take care of you and your family’s healthcare needs.
- 401(k) plan to help you plan for retirement.
- Life insurance to protect your loved ones in case of the unexpected.
- An Education Reimbursement Program to help you achieve your personal development goals.
- A generous Paid Time Off (PTO) Plan because you deserve a vacation for your hard work!
- Paid holidays so you can celebrate our nation’s holidays just as our members would.
- An Employee Financial Benefits Program designed to improve your financial life and prepare you to meet the needs of our members more effectively.
We have a strong corporate culture that embodies these core values:
- Performance We are member-focused and results-driven.
- Accountability We do what we say.
- Integrity We do the right thing.
- Innovation We are creative, resourceful, and collaborative.
- Respect We are one team professional and compassionate.
If you share these values and are looking for a place to build a long-term, meaningful career, we’re the right place for you. Simply click on the link to apply online.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.