Haymarket Media, Inc. is seeking a Financial Analyst to join the Finance team. This position is located in our New York, NY office.
The Financial Analyst will provide the VP of Finance and brand managers with financial support for the Medical Communications brands. This role will assist in all financial aspects of the Medical Communications businesses, especially with the month-end/year-end close and forecasting/budgeting responsibilities.
- Assist in the monthly close process by preparing and posting journal entries and ensuring supporting documentation is obtained.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly forecasts by product/brand and preparation of variance reports.
- Maintain sales/profit report at the work order level (to include change orders and delivery shifts) and reconcile with Salesforce on a weekly basis.
- Ensure proper documentation is received for all closed won contracts and revenue allocation ties to program deliverables.
- Assign work order numbers to each deliverable within a contract.
- Liaise with client services department to track and confirm delivery status and review program financials.
- Identify and assist in the tracking of metrics for the brands.
- Prepare analysis and calculation of monthly accruals and quarterly commissions and bonus for sales team on the brand.
- Perform ad hoc analysis as required.
- Propose solutions to improve efficiency of process and to automate when appropriate
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance preferred
- 3-5 years’ work experience
- Excellent analytical, multi-tasking and time management skills
- Self-starter and ability to work independently.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills a must
- Strong communication skills
- Detail oriented
What We Offer:
- A competitive compensation package
- Paid annual vacation, holiday and sick time off
- Comprehensive health plans including medical, dental and vision
- Competitive 401(k) investment options and generous company matching program
- Life insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Employee referral awards
- Tuition reimbursement
- Training opportunities through industry-recognized programs
- A creative and passionate workplace and a fun, collaborative team environment
Haymarket has its heart and soul in publishing and media. Since the company was founded half a century ago, Haymarket has always prided itself on being a highly creative business, with an unrelenting focus on the quality of the products and the people. The philosophy has always been quite simple: only by having the highest quality individuals can you produce the highest quality products, combining the best in content, design, production and customer services. Globalization is opening up the world further and provides many opportunities for growth. Haymarket has offices around the world and many of the titles are now truly global brands. Haymarket serves a broad spread of business markets, from marketing to medicine to technology along with exhibitions and live events. Predicting the shape of the business in 3, 5, or 10 years is almost impossible; and the unpredictability is part of the appeal. Haymarket aims to be the perfect company to work with or for – we have the processes and attitude that ensure quality and consistency, and an entrepreneurial spirit that makes every day rewarding.
An equal opportunity employer, Haymarket Media does not discriminate in hiring or terms and conditions of employment because of an individual’s race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other protected category recognized by state, federal, or local laws.