The Bayview Mortgage Servicing Rights (“MSR”) Fund along with its wholly owned subsidiary Lakeview Loan Servicing (“Lakeview”) is the largest of Bayview’s funds. Lakeview is a top three owner of Ginnie Mae MSRs and a top 10 owner of Fannie/Freddie MSRs and actively sources new MSRs across its origination platform and bulk and co-issue MSR businesses.
MSRs are essentially interest-only (“IO”) cash flow strips on underlying pools of mortgages. Like IOs on any other callable bond, MSRs are susceptible to prepayment and credit risk. Yet it is so much more than that – the MSR owner is entitled to many different income and expense cash flows. On a single MSR asset, we model and monitor over 60 types of cash flows.
We are seeking a Financial Analyst who will be responsible for providing high-quality analytics to support MSR bidding, hedging and portfolio management. The Financial Analyst will have the opportunity to gain exposure to various functions of mortgage industry, collaborate with different departments inside Bayview and contribute to important investment decisions in a quantitative strategy. The ideal candidate will be highly analytical with strong computer skills and a desire to learn and grow within the MSR Portfolio Management team.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Preparing in-depth analytics for bidding and hedging processes;
· Conducting independent research and analysis using cash flow modeling, regression techniques, and other applicable quantitative and qualitative methods;
· Contributing to the automation initiatives of MSR Portfolio Management team;
· Maintaining existing high-quality reporting suites as well as designing new ones as needed;
· Participating in MSR team meeting & training sessions to gain exposure to mortgage industry;
· Experience with SQL, Tableau, Python preferred.
· Advanced Excel knowledge
· Great attention to detail and the ability to meet strict deadlines
· Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Exceptional analytical, problem-solving, and strategic thinking skills
· Bachelor or advanced degree in Finance/Math/Business Analytics or a related quantitative field.
· 0-3 years’ work experience.