Finance Leadership Development Program
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals. Our staff members are committed to making a difference in our organization, for our client partners and the patients we serve. We seek individuals with proven competencies and strong character to help lead our organization now and into the future.
How will you make an impact?
The Thermo Fisher Scientific Finance Leadership Development Program (FLDP) is crafted to accelerate early career development of high potential college graduates to prepare them for upwardly mobile careers within finance at Thermo Fisher Scientific. The program is run by a dedicated Finance Leadership Development Program Manager with oversight by the CFO and company Finance Leadership Team.
What will you do?
The FLDP prepares participants for roles of increasing responsibility through a combination of rotational assignments, structured learning, formalized feedback, and mentoring. Program participants will have the opportunity to interact with senior finance leaders and participate in various key financial initiatives.
Rotation examples include:
· Financial Planning & Analysis
· Internal Audit
· Cost Accounting (Manufacturing)
· Commercial Finance
· Strategic Pricing
· General Accounting
· Division Finance
· Corporate Development
· Finance Data and Analytics
The FLDP program affords participants an outstanding chance to create results, quickly gain credibility and develop a strong company network throughout their two years. Prior to graduating from the program, participants will work with the Program Manager to identify full time roles they will interview for across the finance organization for full time placement upon graduation.
Location/Division Specific Information
FLDPs will complete a 2 year program consisting of 4 rotations which will include at least two 6-month rotations in the Boston Metro area and one to two 6-month rotations in Carlsbad, CA; Pittsburgh, PA; Greenville, NC; or Boston Metro. Geographical flexibility is required during the program and also upon completion of the program. Relocation assistance is provided.
How will you get here?
· Full time student completing bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Economics, Finance, or a related field between December 2021 and June 2022
· Preferred GPA of 3.5 or higher
· Strong desire and motivation to develop a career as a future leader in the finance function
· Strong quantitative, analytical, and problem-solving skills
· Related work or internship experience
· Demonstrated experience with operational improvement
· Results oriented through initiative, ownership, and accountability
· Geographical flexibility is required during and upon completion of the program
· Applicants must have unrestricted US work authorization (forms of CPT and OPT are restricted work authorization)
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.