View job on Handshake
Job Description: Field Operations Director
Reports to: Chief Operations Officer
Salary: $70,000-$81,500, generous benefits package
Location: Madison or Milwaukee, WI
Start date: March 1, 2022
Application Deadline: February 16, 2022 (Applications are considered on a rolling basis. Deadlines may be shortened or extended as necessary. There is no guarantee this posting will remain open until the deadline or be closed on the deadline. This is a suggested timeframe based on organization needs.)
The Opportunity: The Field Operations Director will be responsible for ensuring the operations infrastructure for a statewide coordinated campaign is created and in place as our field operation scales up for the Senate and Gubernatorial race this fall. The ideal applicant works well in fast-paced environments, can effectively communicate within our team and across departments, and has organizing or operations experience. This position requires some flexible hours and eagerness to assist on any task. This is a termed position through the end of November 2022. Access to reliable transportation is required for this position.
About The Democratic Party of Wisconsin: The DPW is nationally recognized as one of the country’s highest-performing and most pivotal political organizations. In the 2022 election cycle, the DPW will continue to build a massive program to re-elect Governor Tony Evers, defeat Ron Johnson to ensure a Democratic US Senate majority, elect candidates up and down the ballot in spring and fall elections alike, and advocate on policy issues. DPW’s work is grounded in inclusion, respect, and empowerment across race, gender, other dimensions of identity, and the rural/suburban/urban divide. Our work continues year-round, collaborating with partners to build a movement that delivers meaningful change for all Wisconsinites. We seek outstanding applicants who share our values and vision to join the team, help win elections, and build a future where everyone can thrive.
- Manage the day-to-day logistics and administration for the coordinated team by managing multiple operations projects including supplies, supporter housing, offices, equipment and others
- Work with the accounting team to ensure that all expenses across the organization are tracked and remain within budget.
- Prospecting offices and tracking progress of office openings and shutdowns to ensure all utilities, internet providers, lease agreements and office needs are accounted for and managed in central database
- Coordinating with vendors to ensure proper allotment of materials are delivered and received at the applicable office level
- Making sure all needed insurance is taken care of for expanded campaign operations
- Ensure that all offices and staffers consistently have required PPE
- Develop and institute operational procedures for staffers to use this cycle
- Address operations issues and needs from field staff in a timely manner
- Helping to implement the logistics for staff events and trainings
- Growth Mindset – Ability to take and implement feedback.
- Relentlessly Goal-Oriented – Enjoys working toward and achieving ambitious goals. Keeps calm in stressful situations. Has the capacity and willingness to work long hours during peak season, rolling up their sleeves and getting the work done.
- Cultural Competency – Able to build authentic relationships across lines of difference, such as race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, class, ability, gender identity, citizenship status, or other identities. Understands how to take an inclusive lens into all aspects of work.
- Management Skills – Ability to manage relationships within your team, bring out the best in your employees, and treat employees equitably across lines of difference.
- Multitasking in a Fast-Paced Environment – Ability to manage details and stay on top of multiple tasks, large and small, at once.
- Technical Proficiency – Highly proficient in Excel/google docs with experience working from shared databases and workbooks.
- Excellent Verbal & Written Communication Skills – Strong interpersonal skills, customer service attitude, and ability to communicate with people from many backgrounds
- Focused on Creative Solutions – Has the ability to develop and execute creative solutions to complex challenges.
- Familiarity with Campaign Finance Laws – Familiarity of federal and state campaign finance laws.
- Previous experience working for a political, legislative, or nonprofit organization
- Experience executing field campaign operations
Benefits: Great benefits including; excellent health care ($1/month), dental ($1/month), vision ($1/month), life insurance (free), short term and long-term disability (free), free Better Help virtual therapy, free Calm premium subscription, monthly cell phone stipend, 10 days paid vacation, retirement plan with 3% employer match, 3 floating holidays, 9 paid holidays, plus more!
Equity and Inclusion: The Democratic Party of Wisconsin has a vision for a deeply inclusive and diverse party organization, membership, and electorate. In order to be successful at the Democratic Party of Wisconsin candidates must have the cultural competence to successfully work with a diverse array of constituency groups. We especially strongly encourage applicants with close ties to Black, Indigenous, AAPI, Latinx, Muslim, non-English-speaking, disability, and LGBTQ communities. The Democratic Party of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity Employer.