View job on Handshake
BlueLabs is a leading provider of analytics services and technology for a variety of industry clients: including government, business, and political campaigns. We help our clients optimize their engagements with individual customers, supporters, and stakeholders to achieve their goals. Simply put: we help our partners do the most good by getting the most from their data.
Today, our team of data analysts, scientists, engineers, and strategists come together from diverse backgrounds to share a passion for using data to solve the world’s greatest social and analytical challenges. We’ve served more than 400 organizations ranging from government agencies, advocacy groups, unions, political campaigns, international groups, and companies. Along the way, we’ve developed some of the most innovative tools available in analytics, media optimization, reporting, and influencer outreach– serving a diverse set of industries, including the automotive, travel, consumer packaged goods, entertainment, healthcare, media, telecom, and more.
About The Team:
The Operations and People team supports the staff of BlueLabs, their work, and their clients. Ops and People at BlueLabs includes People Operations: supporting recruitment, onboarding, and the employee experience; Financial Operations: executing payroll, book-keeping, and financial planning; Technical Operations: supporting application access, asset management, and engineering and broader Operational Logistics support: coordinating with corporate counsel and supporting facilities operations. As part of the Ops & People team at BlueLabs you’ll be working with a team of operations professionals with various work backgrounds and experiences who seek to make Blue Labs a more efficient, compliant, and positive place to work.
You might answer questions like:
- What is a current need at BlueLabs, and how can we build a process that addresses it?
- How can we make existing systems more efficient and values-driven?
- How can I create a plan that sets BlueLabs, its staff, and its clients up for success?
About the Role
Fellows will be provided a chance to work directly with data practitioners, marketing, client solutions, and operations teams on meaningful, on-hands work, while being guided and supported by their manager. Fellows will also be expected to complete a capstone project as part of their program with BlueLabs. We anticipate a busy year and are looking forward to bringing you on to support!
The Operations and People Fellow will support multiple teams across the division, which provides a mix of contracts/legal, administration, and people operations support to BlueLabs staff. The Fellow will complete a rotational program with our Ops and People team on various task areas focused on helping BlueLabs run a smooth operation – from things like hiring and recruitment and maintaining accurate contracts records to helping upkeep our physical office space.
The Operations and People Fellow will work with BlueLabs for 26 weeks, from May 23, 2022 – November 18, 2022.
In this position you will:
- Support our Contracts and Legal Manager in:
- Upkeeping our Contracts Database to ensure contract information is accurate and up-to-date
- Responding to legal questions for staff and drafting/reviewing contracts for client engagements
- Auditing BlueLabs’ insurance coverage for annual contract compliance
- Gain experience navigating the complex legal landscape of intellectual property, privacy, and campaign finance regulations as they relate to BlueLabs and its client work
- Support our Administration team in:
- Monthly reconciliation business expenses process
- Assist in ad hoc reporting on different accounting areas
- Support our People Operations team in:
- Ideating and coordinating frequent employee experience activities
- Upkeeping our hiring and recruitment pipeline for new applicants
- Scheduling interviews, applicant meetings, and coordinating applicant communications
- Onboarding new employees to a variety of BlueLabs teams
- Conducting routine work with internal and external teams to upkeep BlueLabs’ physical office space in Washington, DC
What We Are Seeking:
- Genuine passion for working with a progressive social impact organization
- Highly organized and detail oriented, with a demonstrated interest in the operational functions that make a business run
- Experience responding to business inquiries from internal stakeholders
- Appreciation for and ability to thrive with process, but understands when to be flexible
- A love of learning new things and without fear to ask questions when things get stuck
What We Offer
BlueLabs offers a friendly work environment and competitive benefits package including:
- premier health insurance plan
- paid time off
- professional development & learning stipend
- flexible working hours
- remote/telecommuting options
- and more!
The compensation for this role is $25 per hour, at 40 hours per week.
At BlueLabs, we celebrate, support and thrive on differences. Not only do they benefit our services, products, and community, but most importantly, they are to the benefit of our team. Qualified people of all races, ethnicities, ages, sex, genders, sexual orientations, national origins, gender identities, marital status, religions, veterans statuses, disabilities and any other protected classes are strongly encouraged to apply. As an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer, BlueLabs is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. BlueLabs endeavors to make reasonable accommodations to the known physical or mental limitations of qualified applicants with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If an applicant believes they require such assistance to complete the application or to participate in an interview, or has any questions or concerns, they should contact the Director, People Operations. BlueLabs participates in E-verify.