BlueLabs is a leading provider of analytics services and technology for a variety of industry clients: including government, business, and political campaigns. We help our clients optimize their engagements with individual customers, supporters, and stakeholders to achieve their goals. Simply put: we help our partners do the most good by getting the most from their data.
Today, our team of data analysts, scientists, engineers, and strategists come together from diverse backgrounds to share a passion for using data to solve the world’s greatest social and analytical challenges. We’ve served more than 400 organizations ranging from government agencies, advocacy groups, unions, political campaigns, international groups, and companies. Along the way, we’ve developed some of the most innovative tools available in analytics, media optimization, reporting, and influencer outreach– serving a diverse set of industries, including the automotive, travel, consumer packaged goods, entertainment, healthcare, media, telecom, and more.
About The Team:
The Client Analysis Team at BlueLabs drives high quality, innovative research and analysis across BlueLabs’ client sectors, including commercial, political, and non-profit clients, to inform data-driven decisions and strategy. Team members analyze and interpret data, provide strategic program insight, drive innovation across sectors, and collaborate closely with both our client and technical teams.
Our team is often called to answer questions like:
- What are the meaningful messaging takeaways from a poll of industry elites for a major corporation to consider in their paid communication?
- How should a movie studio structure their marketing based on who a likely movie goer is?
- What political trends should a campaign be aware of, and what are the different pathways to victory?
- How do we present our models, calculators, and reports, so our partners get the information they need?
About The Role:
Fellows will be provided a chance to work directly with data practitioners, marketing, client solutions, and operations teams on meaningful, on-hands work, while being guided and supported by their manager. Fellows will also be expected to complete a capstone project as part of their program with BlueLabs. We anticipate a busy year and are looking forward to bringing you on to support!
Client Analysis Fellows will learn the ins and outs of the progressive analytics consulting space. They will gain exposure to all parts of our analytics process – from collecting and organizing data to using data to analyze trends and patterns that could become useful insights for our clients. Fellows will engage with work that focuses on some of the most important current political issues, all while building professional analytics experience and developing a wide range of technical skills that will be immensely valuable. Fellows will receive strong mentorship by working closely with our staff who have a broad range of knowledge in the analytics space.
The Client Analysis Fellows will work with BlueLabs for 26 weeks, from May 23, 2022 – November 18, 2022.
In this position you will:
- Collect, clean, and upload datasets for use in analysis
- Write simple ad-hoc SQL queries to assist with broader analysis
- Conduct data uploads for surveys in the field for QC review
- Assist with the creation of client deliverables, such as memos, presentations, and live reports. This may include creating preliminary data visualizations, copy editing, and number-checking
- Provide support on the creation of documentation and user guides for common internal reporting needs
What We Are Seeking:
- Genuine passion for working with a progressive social impact organization
- Familiarity with, or interest in learning, a coding or statistical language such as SQL, Python, R, etc. (A successful candidate does not need to be an expert in a language coming in the door, but will need to primarily learn to code in SQL on-the-job with our team.)
- Experience with presentation and spreadsheet software (Excel, PowerPoint, Keynote, Google Sheets, Google Slides, etc.)
- Familiarity with, or interest in learning, how to communicate complex technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- Enthusiasm to learn how to use data to tell a story
- Curiosity about complex datasets and willingness to expand technical skill set
What We Offer
BlueLabs offers a friendly work environment and competitive benefits package including:
- premier health insurance plan
- paid time off
- professional development & learning stipend
- flexible working hours
- remote/telecommuting options
- and more!
The compensation for this role is $25 per hour, at 40 hours per week.
At BlueLabs, we celebrate, support and thrive on differences. Not only do they benefit our services, products, and community, but most importantly, they are to the benefit of our team. Qualified people of all races, ethnicities, ages, sex, genders, sexual orientations, national origins, gender identities, marital status, religions, veterans statuses, disabilities and any other protected classes are strongly encouraged to apply. As an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer, BlueLabs is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. BlueLabs endeavors to make reasonable accommodations to the known physical or mental limitations of qualified applicants with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If an applicant believes they require such assistance to complete the application or to participate in an interview, or has any questions or concerns, they should contact the Director, People Operations. BlueLabs participates in E-verify.