Description of Department:
MST GMP Operations is responsible for delivering the clinical supply of biopharmaceutical drug substance to support clinical studies of GSK biopharm products.
This position will allow the selected candidate to gain an understanding of the R&D GMP Biopharm Supply Chain, specifically in support of the materials planning/procurement process and distribution of drug substance for further drug product manufacturing. The intern will also manage the implementation of R&D GMP single use materials into the a GSK wide (commercial and clinical) repository so will gain an understanding of the technical, quality and supply chain requirements for materials.
- Pursuing a degree in Business/Supply Chain or Engineering.
- Must be able to work full-time (35 hours/week) throughout the 6 month co-op.
- Must have an active student status and/or within 12 months post-graduation from a BS or MS degree program. Post-doctoral candidates are not eligible.
- Basic understanding of planning and procurement processes and systems.
- Basic understanding of project management.
- Must successfully pass a drug screen and background check prior to assignment target start date.
- Must provide your own funding for relocation and commuting.
If you are hired for an on-site role, you will be required to provide Atrium with proof of COVID-19 Vaccination as a part of the on-boarding process on behalf of GSK. GSK has made the decision to require all US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, where allowed by state or local law and where vaccine supply is readily available. The only exceptions to this requirement are employees who are approved for an accommodation for religious, medical or disability-related reasons.