Gordian, a Fortive Company, is the leader in facility and construction cost data, software and services for all phases of the building lifecycle. A pioneer of Job Order Contracting, Gordian’s solutions also include proprietary RSMeans data and Facility Intelligence Solutions. From planning to design, procurement, construction and operations, Gordian’s solutions help clients maximize efficiency, optimize cost savings and increase building quality.
Gordian’s Facilities Planning team is focused on helping clients, predominantly colleges and universities make data driven decisions around their operational effectiveness and capital investments. Since 2000, our consulting solutions have helped over 450 campuses in the United States and Canada including half of the top 100 universities in the nation and more than half of the top 100 liberal arts institutions. Building upon historical success in higher education, our solutions have extended to serve clients in state and local government, K-12 education and the Federal Government. Our services are founded on rigorous measurement, benchmarking and analysis, which – when combined with the industry’s largest database of financial and facilities data help all of our clients make critical decisions about the future of their facilities.
Often seen as the “engine” of Facilities Planning Analysts will work in a fast-paced and collaborative environment to drive detailed data analysis and develop high quality client deliverables. The best Analysts excel in an environment where they are challenged to learn quickly and take ownership early while managing multiple tasks effectively and embracing a demanding work environment that values ongoing professional growth.
- Manage data collection for multiple members (clients).
- Discovery meetings with clients including gathering data pieces from primary contacts on-site that include walk-throughs, presentation delivery to campus leadership, and building assessments
- Processing data and analysis of collected data using Excel and other tools
- Communicating with campus representatives and teammates to understand the institution’s goals as well as its data
- Reviewing data to answer questions like: What story do the numbers tell? What campus problems can the data help solve?
- Developing presentations to communicate the campus story, suggest strategic plans and cultivate engagement in Sightlines’ recommendations and partnering with Project Leads and Account Managers to create and fine-tune presentations
- Assist in delivering presentations to members on campus
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Analytical skills – the ability to have numbers “tell a story”
- Proven success working as both a leader and a learner in a team environment
- The ability to identify project challenges, when to escalate them and when to solve them independently
- Experience in Facilities Planning and/or Planning and Construction are a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite programs, particularly Excel and PowerPoint
- The ability to travel up to 50%
- Physical requirements for this role include the ability to move effectively around a campus environment for 6-8 hours per day at times, as well as the ability to occasionally ascend/descend a ladder and/or work in outdoor weather conditions as many as several times a month
Why is this a rewarding position?
Ownership of Projects: Analysts are responsible for all data management, critical thinking, and story-crafting for each of their projects. By working on projects from start to finish, you have the opportunity to learn and develop professionally from the first day you walk on campus to the final presentation delivered to the President or Board of Trustees.
Collaborative Environment: Sightlines is a dynamic, collaborative company. Working jointly with our coworkers enables us to solve problems, implement new ideas, improve our products, learn from each other and enhance our office environment.
Professional Development Opportunities: Like any good investor, Sightlines is dedicated to growing the value of our best asset: our employees. We have a clearly designed ladder for growth in the Analyst track and are committed to rewarding quality work. Our company culture encourages learning and providing regular feedback to promote growth.
Fortive/Gordian requires new employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 as defined by the CDC, subject to applicable, verified accommodation requests.
Fortive’s essential technology makes the world stronger, safer, and smarter. We accelerate transformation across a broad range of applications including environmental, health and safety compliance, industrial condition monitoring, next-generation product design, and healthcare safety solutions.
We are a global industrial technology innovator with a startup spirit. Our forward-looking companies lead the way in software-powered workflow solutions, data-driven intelligence, AI-powered automation, and other disruptive technologies. We’re a force for progress, working alongside our customers and partners to solve challenges on a global scale, from workplace safety in the most demanding conditions to groundbreaking sustainability solutions.
We are a diverse team 17,000 strong, united by a dynamic, inclusive culture and energized by limitless learning and growth. We use the proven Fortive Business System (FBS) to accelerate our positive impact.
At Fortive, we believe in you. We believe in your potential—your ability to learn, grow, and make a difference. At Fortive, we believe in us. We believe in the power of people working together to solve problems no one could solve alone. At Fortive, we believe in growth. We’re honest about what’s working and what isn’t, and we never stop improving and innovating. Fortive: For you, for us, for growth. Ready to move your career forward? Find out more at careers.fortive.com.