About PRC Baker Places:
PRC Baker Places is a non-profit residential treatment agency that has provided the San Francisco community with alternatives to institutional care since 1964. Our direct care professionals provide counseling and case management services to previously homeless adults living with co-occurring diagnoses of chronic mental illness and substance use disorder. All agency services are provided from the philosophy of social rehabilitation which integrates teaching daily living skills in a safe and healthy environment.
The Facilities Manager provides hands-on management of the organization’s residential properties and service delivery sites throughout San Francisco, with a strong emphasis on safety of staff, clients and guests.
Director, Property Management
San Francisco, CA
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
· Supports facility operations including but not limited to scheduled maintenance, repairs, landscaping, HVAC, electrical, plumbing, and other building systems, housekeeping, general upkeep of real property and fleet of vehicles. Must be available for after-hours facility emergencies.
· Directs the work of our team of Facilities Technicians by assessing, assigning and tracking work orders and other facility requests. Utilizes work order processing system daily. Constantly coordinates with appropriate programs staff. Escalates priority and complex work orders as appropriate.
· Supports agency-wide health, safety and security activities. Serves as an active member of the Health and Safety Committee.
· Develops and maintains a schedule, conducts and documents regular site inspections across our entire portfolio and vehicle inspections. Identifies, prioritizes and reports safety concerns and property needs.
· At all times adheres to safety policies, programs, procedures, rules, regulations and codes. Attends safety training and meetings. Reports unsafe work conditions, accidents or injuries immediately.
· Communicates with other staff members throughout the organization, landlords, vendors, funders, government agencies, neighbors and other stakeholders.
· Provides day-to-day management of construction projects as assigned. Participates as a member of project teams.
· Reviews, recommends for approval, tracks, processes and retains project documents including, but not limited to, funding announcements, RFPs, bids, contracts, change orders, RFIs, product descriptions, vendor reports, pay applications, etc.
· With input from team members, develops, reviews, revises and maintains department Standard Operating Procedures.
· Creates and utilizes appropriate plans, schedules, checklists, logs and other process management tools to assure compliance with applicable standards, rules and regulations and to mitigate agency liability.
· Maintains records for property and equipment.
· Supports vendor selection, onboarding and oversight. Serves as primary contact with assigned vendors.
· Perform other duties and projects as assigned
· 3 years related experience, supervisory experience a plus
· Solid working knowledge of trade skills and building systems
· General knowledge of government rules and regulations regarding facility compliance and workplace safety.
· Analytical judgment and decision-making skills
· Ability to appropriately assess risk, identify safety concerns and recommend viable solutions.
· Good verbal and written communication skills are required. Must be able to effectively relay information to a range of audiences.
· Valid California Driver’s License, required. Must pass MVR check and maintain a good driving record.
· Must be available for after-hours facility emergencies.
5 days/week – Tuesday – Saturday, Sunday – Thursday, or Monday – Friday
*must be available outside of normal working schedule for facilities emergencies.*