The EPA National Student Services Contract has an immediate opening for a full-time contractor position; Exposure Assessment Research Associate with the Office of Research and Development at the EPA facility in Research Triangle Park, NC.
Salary: $22.91 per hour.
Travel: Occasional overnight travel may be required, especially if first phase is completed successfully.
• Proficiency in conducting a technical literature review within a prescribed timeline; and
• Experience applying knowledge of physical sciences to generate a report.
Desired Knowledge, Skills, Work Experience, and Education:
- Experience in air pollution and environmental sampling and analysis.
- Be at least 18 years of age and
- Have earned at least a Bachelor’s degree in environmental science or engineering, occupational hygiene, or a closely related field of study from an accredited university or college within the last 24 months and
- Be a citizen of the United States of America or a Legal Permanent Resident.
EPA ORD employees, their spouses, and children are not eligible to participate in this program.
What the EPA project is about
The Center for Computational Toxicology and Exposure (CCTE) supports ORD by providing solutions-driven research to rapidly evaluate the potential human health and environmental risks due to exposures to environmental stressors and ensure the integrity of the freshwater environment and its capacity to support human well-being. CCTE researchers are developing and applying cutting edge innovations in methods to rapidly evaluate chemical toxicity, transport, and exposure to people and environments. Within CCTE, the Chemical Characterization and Exposure Division (CCED) performs research to develop and advance analytical chemistry, computational chemistry, and cheminformatic approaches that are critical to the rapid characterization of the presence, structural characteristics, and properties of chemicals that underlie chemical exposure, environmental fate, toxicokinetics and toxicity.
This is an excellent opportunity for a recent Bachelor’s graduate to collaborate with EPA’s research team. Research experience includes:
- Documenting findings in work processing, spreadsheet and graphical files;
- Adhering to the RARE Communications Plan;
- Possibly presenting work performed as a poster at a scientific conference and/or Regional/ORD briefings.
- Networking and exploring many career paths at EPA.
Interested in this research opportunity? If so, follow the link below to apply. Questions? Email EPANSSC@ORAU.org