Job Type Details: This position is full time with negotiable 30-40 hours per week.
Job Title: Executive Director
Reports To: Board of Directors; collaborates with Office/HR Manager
Job Status: Full-time, salaried with negotiable 30-40 hours/wk
Broad Scope and Function of Job: The Executive Director will provide leadership to ensure consistent progress toward NAMI Racine County’s mission and vision. The Executive Director is accountable for overseeing the tasks necessary to fulfill NAMI Racine County’s strategic and annual plans.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee will also perform other reasonably related duties as assigned by Board of Directors.
- In collaboration with the Board, develop and implement the organization’s Strategic Plan and annual action plans.
- Develop and execute external communication & marketing plan.
- Collaborate with Director of Programs
- Together with the Board, develop and manage the fundraising and financial strategies of the organization.
- Research, identification, application and management of Grants/Grant writing.
- Developing an annual budget in collaboration with Board Treasurer & Finance Committee.
- Responsible for seeking & supporting Board involvement in policy decisions & fundraising.
- In collaboration with Office/HR Manager, oversee management of all funds.
- Collaborate with Office Manager, as needed, to hire, supervise and evaluate staff.
- Manage & Coordinate all aspects of Board’s committees.
- Manage website updates; assist with fundraising efforts and annual appeal development.
- Collaborate with community leaders around issues involved with community relations and increase the overall visibility of NAMI Racine County within the community.
- Create & retain a respectful reputation for NAMI Racine County, throughout the community, while serving as the chief spokesperson.
- Articulate and communicate the value of mental illness awareness, early treatment and fair practices.
- Maintain systems used to track members/donors, etc (CRM software data entry & reports)
- Bachelor’s degree desired; equivalent experience considered.
- Must have strong external communication & marketing plan skills.
- Ability to work independently with very focused organization skills.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office components of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required.
- At least one year of nonprofit, private and/or public sector leadership experience.
- Work experience in grant writing and grant management.
- Intermediate to proficient knowledge (or eligible to be trained) in the following platforms: eTapestry CRM software, United Way eCImpact, Face Book, Instagram, Square Space, Quick Books Online, Canva, Auctria, MailChimp, Qgiv.
- Previous experience in the mental health, social service or allied fields desirable. • Knowledge of fundraising, development strategies & donor relations.
- Must have strong oral and written communication skills and the ability to function as a leader, within both the mental health community and the community at large.
- Extensive knowledge of community resources preferred.
- Demonstrated skills in the area of customer service and team leadership.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee will use office equipment and materials including, but not limited to, a computer, calculator, copy machine, telephone, projector, and TV/DVD player, postage meter.
- Must be a member of NAMI Racine County.
- Ability to travel locally.
- Must attend/participate in NAMI Racine County Committees as all are relevant to this position. (Current committees: Operations, Development, Advocacy and CIT/CIP).
- Flexible hours: Must be available to cover absences, work evenings for committee/board meetings & occasional weekends for events/trainings, etc.
Accountability Standards for Role:
- Adheres to all agency policy and procedures.
- Is fully knowledgeable of the responsibilities of this position and performs these in an efficient and effective manner.
- Supports NAMI Racine County’s mission, vision, values, strategic direction, and administrative decisions.
This position requires a national criminal background screening check prior to hire.
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and sit.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- The ability to stoop and bend and reach into file drawers is required.
Work Environment Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is typically low to moderate.
Benefits (subject to change)
- Title: Executive Director
- Salaried Full-Time Wage: $40-50k/yr
- Negotiable 30-40 hours/wk; flexible hours
- Indoor, business casual, environment
- Work with a team environment
- 90-day probationary period (no paid time off during this time). Employees are considered at-will employees.
- No insurance benefits
- 105B medical reimbursements upon meeting eligibility
- Benefits per the February 2022 policy handbook
NAMI Racine County makes all hiring and employment decisions without regard to race, creed, color, age, gender, gender identity, martial or parental status, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, or sexual identity. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.