- Work with the leadership to propose an annual company strategy plan to the BOD; propose the company’s quarterly goals to the BOD; and evaluate and improve the company’s progress toward meeting the annual budget, annual strategy plan, and quarterly goals.
- Work with business team to define and track business and impact KPIs to ensure the company executes on goals in a timely manner
- Lead an ongoing strategic plan including long-term growth initiatives, client and partner relationships, regulatory requirements, fundraising, and staffing.
- Create, improve on, and enforce organizational best practices that will maximize operational and financial efficiency.
- Mentor and interact with members of staff at all levels to foster growth and encourage development among the senior executive team and all members of staff.
- Communicate key performance metrics and progress to the BOD and organization periodically.
- Execute on fundraising strategy to achieve annual fundraising goals.
- Ensure all operations and goals required by any grant, sponsor, donor, or competition are being executed on time.
- Evaluate company’s fundraising strategies and plan for continual improvement.
- Actively steward all donations effectively.
- Actively engage with donors and supporters to build rapport and belief in the mission of the company.
- Collaborate with the board and business team to develop and execute strategies to expand the number of patients and clinics we serve.
- Work with the sales team to track and convert leads to clients (conduct discovery calls, product demos, sales calls…)
- Work with sales team and clients to finalize sustainable, high-impact scope of work for each client
- Work with project managers to track execution of scope of work and ensure client satisfaction.
- Work with the Business Director (BD) to create an annual budget for review by the BOD.
- Provide accurate analysis of budgets, reports and financial trends and operational procedures in order to assist the BOD and senior executive team.
- Address business challenges in a timely fashion and communicate to the organization and the BOD.
- Improve the planning, budgeting, and fundraising process on a continual basis by evaluating performance of departments and key members of the business team.
- Oversee client accounts to ensure invoices are settled in a timely manner.
- Oversee company bank accounts and work with BD to manage major transactions.
- Work with the finance team to develop robust cash flow projections, financial models, and financial reports to ensure company financial needs are met.
- Act as a strategic advisor and consultant offering expert advice on contracts, negotiations, or business deals that the corporation may enter into.
- Approve expenses ≤ $5000. Any expenses above $5,000 must be approved by the board of directors.
- Support product management and low-code product development.
- Work with members of the company involved with legal and data security to ensure legal compliance of the company and its technology.
- Assure major product design and technology changes align with the company mission.
- Strong leadership ability.
- Strategic mindset.
- Professional business acumen.
- Outstanding problem solving skills.
- Excellent ability to lead and manage
- Continually drive effective results.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree with experience in business, management, and/or nonprofit experience.
- The Executive Director position is an executive position at Frontida.
- Work can be conducted online, in-person, or hybrid.
- Work hours are flexible, but we expect the employee to work approximately 40 hours per week
- Work is not your traditional 9AM-5PM. We are a start-up, so work hours may vary significantly daily. The ED may be meeting with clients in different time zones. Current meetings are in Pacific Time (PST).
- No minimum paid time off.
- Health insurance (no dental or vision)
Applicants are required to:
- Bachelor’s degree with experience in business, finance, and/or entrepreneurship (or related field of study).
- Fluency in English (written and verbal).
- Have experience working in teams.
- Have leadership experience and/or managing projects.
- Have passion for our social mission to help underserved communities.
- Be willing to work full-time approximately 40-45 hours per week.
- Empathetic and respectful to all employees, volunteers, board members, partners, and customers.
- Strong advocacy and excellent verbal and written communication.
- Apply critical thinking to complex problems.
- Is willing to learn, accept criticism, and continuously grow as an Executive Director.
We prefer candidates who: (Use when starting the recruitment process)
- Speaks Spanish (most preferred), Arabic, or French.
- Have experience working in a nonprofit.
- Have experience in working in a SaaS company.
- Have experience working in the humanitarian field.
- Have experience working in a medical organization.
- Have experience working with electronic health records, electronic medical records, or any type of patient record system.
- Is living in the United States, particularly Los Angeles.
- Has a personal reason to be passionate about nonprofit, medical work in low-resource regions.
- Have a Masters degree in business, finance, engineering, and/or entrepreneurship.
- Have successful fundraising and development experience
- Have Experience in large-scale program development