IEX is looking for a driven, motivated candidate to work on the IEX Exchange team in Summer 2022. We are looking for a highly-motivated, detail-oriented individual with strong technical skills who is excited to learn various aspects of electronic trading. You will spend time with Business Development, Product, and Business Analytics teams as you learn about the stock exchange business. You will demonstrate the composure and aptitude required to work effectively in a dynamic, high-pressure and fast-paced environment.
The ideal candidate is someone who has an entrepreneurial spirit, is a natural problem solver, and is motivated to take on any challenge, no matter how small or big! You enjoy working hard and being surrounded by colleagues who want to Win Together with you every day. You exhibit Grit when it comes to tackling any problem that comes your way and will not shy away when asking questions and seeking help.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Superlative attention to detail
- Keen interest in electronic trading
- Open-minded and able to quickly acquire new concepts and ideas
- Self-motivated and comfortable with independently driven work within the constructs of team orientated environment
- Availability and commitment to accommodate a flexible work schedule and an on-call environment
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Become a subject matter expert on the mechanics of electronic trading, U.S. equity market structure, data analysis, and apply those concepts when working with customers, clients, and improving our future products
- Develop expertise with IEX technology systems, trading functionality, order types, and market data
- Shadow and assist members of various IEX Exchange teams, including Business Development, Business Analytics, and Product
- Assist with data analysis and creation of client presentations
- Work with team members to present analyses to external clients and internal stakeholders
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Eagerness to work in a collaborative team environment where you can make a meaningful contribution with your work
- Ability to collect, organize, and display relevant data in spreadsheet and professional presentation formats; familiarity with SQL, Python is a big plus
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally with internal teams (e.g., product, engineering, sales, etc.) to deliver successful metrics and business outcomes
- Experience working with external parties (e.g., clients, customers, vendors, consultants, etc.)
Here at IEX, we are dedicated to an inclusive workplace and culture. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. This policy not only complies with all applicable laws and protects workers’ rights but is vital to IEX’s overall mission and values.