Job Title: Evidera Internship Program – Data Analytics, Peri- and Post Approval Studies (PPAS)
Location: US Remote
Level: MSc or PhD candidates
Work That Matters
Evidera is a global research and consulting group that partners with life science companies worldwide. Our services are driven by world-class science and thought leadership and leverage a unique combination of capabilities in clinical development, regulatory consulting, HTA, health economics, outcomes research, market access and real-world evidence.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a successful research team and to help define and drive solutions for clients and patients! As an intern you will have the opportunity to learn about the role Data Analytics, Peri- and Post Approval Studies (PPAS) plays in generating real-world evidence through analysis of existing data. In addition, you will learn how we select the optimal data sources to answer research questions posted by pharma and biotech clients. You’ll have the opportunity to work alongside industry-leading experts in pharmacepidemiology, HEOR, and biostats, and get insights into the various career paths in the consulting industry.
At Evidera we hire the best, develop ourselves and each other, and recognize the power of being one team. The internship is a 10-week position to provide support for multiple projects (including ‘live’ projects) under supervision, with tasks varying to degree by project and participate in targeted self-improvement projects. As an intern, you’ll have mentorship and guidance as well as exposure to a variety of tasks and projects to help you prepare for your future career.
The Peri- and Post Approval Studies and Real-World Evidence team supports in the pharmaceutical/ biotechnology/ medical device companies throughout the product lifecycle, from early pre-launch planning to launch and post-marketing management. Our focus is on helping our clients build economic and epidemiological evidence to demonstrate and support the value of their products.
The PPAS team supports biopharmaceutical companies throughout the product lifecycle, from early pre-launch planning to launch and post-marketing management. Our focus is on helping our clients in the pharmaceutical/ biotechnology/ medical device industries build economic and epidemiological evidence to demonstrate and support the value of their products. Through analysis of individual patient databases (e.g., medical claims, electronic health records, registries, etc) and hybrid designs we provide key information to support pharmaceutical companies in areas such as:
- Treatment Patterns and Drug Utilization
- Burden of Illness Analyses
- Comparative Effectiveness Analyses
- Post Authorisation Safety Studies (PASS)
- External Control Arms (ECA)
Knowing the relationships between patient, drug, clinical and disease factors can significantly aid clients in navigating potential drug-event causal relationships as well as in building stronger evidence-based value messages.
- Providing research support to data analytics and data landscaping studies, including but not limited to:
- Contributing to brief literature reviews through screening and data extraction
- Outreach to data custodians
- Drafting sections of deliverables and reports
- QC of results between tables and text
- Development of drug and/or diagnostic code lists
- Attending and participating in meetings and conference calls
- Participating in training sessions relevant to your designated functional area
- Other ad-hoc tasks under the direction of the Evidera supervisor
Education and Experience:
- Must be enrolled or completed an MSc and/or PhD program
- Educational background and experience in epidemiology, preferably with some exposure to secondary analysis of existing data such as medical claims, EMR, or registry data
- Experience may be either with research design, statistics & programming, or both
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational, time-management, prioritization and decision-making skills necessary to evaluate, plan and accomplish multiple work goals in a timely fashion.
- Able to quickly learn and apply new information, skills and procedures.
- Good English and grammar skills
- High level of proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
Evidera values the health and wellbeing of our employees. We support and encourage individuals to create a healthy and balanced environment where they can thrive.
Below is listed the working environment/requirements for this role:
- Able to communicate, receive, and understand information and ideas with diverse groups of people in a comprehensible and reasonable manner
- Able to work upright and stationary for typical working hours
- Ability to use and learn standard office equipment and technology with proficiency
- Able to perform successfully under pressure while prioritizing and handling multiple projects or activities
PPD is proud to be an affirmative action employer that values diversity as a strength and fosters an environment of mutual respect. PPD is committed to providing equal employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, pregnancy, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status or status within any other protected group.