· 6+ years of experience and demonstrated strength in data modeling, data warehousing, ETL (Extract, Transform, and Load) development, and clear understanding of the difference and rationale of ELT versus ETL
· 4+ years of experience with designing and using databases with one or more of the following: MySQL, MS SQL, MongoDB, or other professional databases
· 3+ years of experience designing for and using MongoDB or other document based database
· 3+ years of experience with using a broad range of AWS technologies (e.g. EC2, EMR, S3, Lake Formation, Redshift, VPC, Glacier, IAM, CloudWatch, SQS, Lambda, CloudTrail, Systems Manager, KMS, Kinesis Streams)
· Excellent analytical, problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
· Expertise managing the data lifecycle and the lifecycle of technical data solutions.
· Experience in documenting requirements
· Ability to work as one team cross-organizationally to drive innovation and business results
· Ability to work in teams and collaborate with others to clarify requirements, quickly identify problems, and collaboratively find solutions
· Experience working in partnership with internal and external vendors.
· Excellent communication skills, effective with varying organizational levels and skill set, and able to translate between technical and non-technical concepts.
Preferred additional experience:
· Prior experience building highly available, distributed systems as it pertains to big data storage, flow, and processing of large, complex data
· Experience building/operating highly available, distributed systems of data extraction, ingestion, and processing of large data sets
· Prior experience with vendor-specific solutions such as Confluent, Cloudera, Snowflake, etc.
· Working knowledge of common data analyst/science workflows, business intelligence tools, and AI/ML modeling
· 3+ years experience in data streaming technologies, such as Kafka
· 4+ years experience in implementing data-driven solutions using tools such as Tableau, Hadoop, Impala, Hive, NiFi, Prometheus, Spark, Athena, Redshift, ElasticSearch, BigTable, or Airflow
· 4+ years experience developing data solutions in Python
· Strong communication skills