This posting will remain open until the position is filled. We encourage you to apply early as we will review and consider candidates as they are received.
EKPC Company Information
Located in the heart of the Bluegrass state, East Kentucky Power Cooperative is a not-for-profit generation and transmission (G&T) electric utility with headquarters in Winchester, KY which is just a short distance from Lexington. Our cooperative has a vital mission: to safely generate and deliver reliable, affordable and sustainable energy to our 16 owner-member cooperatives serving more than 1 million Kentuckians across 87 counties. We’re leaders in environmental stewardship and we’re committed to provide power to improve the lives of people in Kentucky.
As passionate as we are about providing smart energy solutions, we are equally excited about people. We strive to cultivate connected workplaces where great ideas are born and rewarding careers are built.
EKPC is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled
The primary role of the Business Analyst is to ensure that business processes and supporting systems continue to meet business project stakeholder needs. This position is a key liaison between the technical IT staff that implements business process management technology based solutions and the line-of-business staff that performs the process work. Business Analysts must be able to straddle the IT and business domains and communicate (or broker communications) between each side. This person is a hands-on worker who will drive the creation of process models and work with others, in the business, to provide the supporting process. This position deals with the more tactical, day-to-day aspects of discovering, validating, documenting and communicating business-process-related knowledge through modeling, simulating and analyzing current and future states. The Business Analyst supports the business as well as IT enabling them to make better decisions about changing processes to drive higher performance. The Business Analyst defines detailed requirements, analyzes business needs, formulates and defines systems scope and objectives through research and fact-finding. The Business Analyst stays abreast of new software releases and activity participates in software upgrades and enhancements.
- Provides functional expertise and assists with technical research for PeopleSoft and Maximo applications within assigned area.
- Works alongside the PeopleSoft and Maximo teams – functional, analytical and technical – to ensure successful implementation of software maintenance, upgrades and new implementations within assigned area.
- Leads the response to daily production issues for functional area, including user entry and processing problems. Troubleshoots software issues and problems and partners with developers for problem resolution.
- Drives/Participates in implementation of new processes, interfaces, and enhancements to the current system.
- Partners with business in preparing test scripts to ensure testing encompasses all areas affected. Reviews testing results with Business partner and assist with problem solving. Leads the unit testing process, along with business users and developers, to ensure overall functionality and technical quality of deliverables.
- Analyze business requests, identify solutions, and translates the business needs to a functional specification that is turned over to development.
- Identify, evaluate, and resolve issues with business processes and systems including meeting with users to understand processes and making recommendations.
- Serves as Business Analyst for projects throughout application lifecycle and completes associated tasks including but not limited to understanding project objectives, gathering requirements, ensuring requirements are addressed in designs, and development.
- Create, update and review functional and project related documents, user reference guides, testing and training materials. Interprets functional requirements and translates them into technical specifications and process flows.
- Leads the process of reviewing software release notes to determine if new/added functionality can be utilized at EKPC.
- Attends Conferences, User Groups, etc. to stay abreast of software enhancements.
- Point-of-contact for software related questions on upgrades and implementations.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems or computer engineering. An equivalent combination of education and experience may substitute.
- Five (5) years of PeopleSoft and/or Maximo related experience.
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a fast paced environment.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Requires thorough knowledge of business analysis function.
- Experience with PeopleSoft Workflow, Query, nVision, and XML/BI Publisher a plus.
- Experience with Maximo for Utilities a plus.
- Experience with Boomi Middleware Integration tools a plus.
- Experience writing functional and technical specifications.
- Continuous Learning
- Building Partnerships
- Customer Focus
- Contributing to Team Success
- Decision Making
Conditions of Employment
· Usual office conditions apply to this position with occasional lifting up to 20 lbs.