Millennium is a global investment management firm, built on a sophisticated operating system at scale. We seek to pursue a diverse array of investment strategies, and we empower our employees to deliver exceptional outcomes and enable our portfolio managers to do what they do best – navigate the markets.
The talent and dedication of our people are critical to our success. We offer an opportunity for developing one’s professional career while working with individuals trained in a variety of disciplines in a collegial and dynamic environment. We also offer a broad range of competitive benefits on a global basis.
Our analyst program will expose you to a broad range of disciplines as you receive subject-matter training from the industry’s leading professionals. If you are ambitious, results-driven, have strong communication skills and ready to be challenged, we want to talk.
Job function summary
Equities Technology is responsible for development and day-to-day support of the technology platform that enables our businesses to electronically trade most asset classes globally and to manage risk and P&L. We are looking for a recent graduate to join our Market Connectivity Development Team as a developer. This role will require strong Java development skills, with a focus on server-side development, experience with multi-threaded programming, knowledge of design patterns and an interest in the financial markets.
- Creating new features and enhancing functionality on a mission critical platform
- Design and Implement the firms trading strategies
- Develops high quality software while meeting deadlines
- Presents ideas for system improvements
- Design or upgrade an existing software to ensure product performance and quality expectations are met
- Seniors or Master’s students in their final year who are interested in a future career at a top-tier alternative asset financial services firm.
- Major in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering or other Technology focus preferred
- Good knowledge of a programming language, Java preferred
- Basic knowledge of Unix/Linux is required
- Cumulative GPA of 3.5 and above
- Excellent problem-solving, communication, teamwork and analytical skills
- Quick learner.