View job on Handshake
Environmental, Health & Safety Coordinator
SAN DIEGO, CA /MANUFACTURING OPERATIONS – ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH & SAFETY /FULL TIME
Quidel’s mission is to provide patients with immediate and frequent access to highly accurate, affordable testing for the good of our families, our communities and the world. We are a leading manufacturer of point of care diagnostic solutions. Quidel’s comprehensive product portfolio includes tests for a wide range of infectious diseases, cardiac and autoimmune biomarkers, as well as a host of products to detect COVID-19. Quidel pioneered the first FDA-cleared point-of-care test for influenza in 1999 and was the first to market a rapid SARS-CoV-2 antigen test in the U.S.
Under general supervision, the Environmental, Health & Safety Coordinator is responsible for day-to-day activities supporting the environmental, health and safety (EHS) programs related to the Injury & Illness Prevention Program (IIPP), development and management of Quidel product Safety Data Sheets, maintenance of Medical Surveillance program, and general support of corporate EHS initiatives as defined by the Corporate Director, Safety. This role also supports Corporate loss prevention activities, which may include administrative tasks related to the EHS department such as reporting, monitoring and metrics preparation for multiple company locations.
- Supports employee and corporate compliance to established corporate safety policies and procedures, as well as applicable Federal and State specific OSHA and EPA regulations.
- Prepares and revises Quidel product SDSs as required by Federal OSHA, European Union, and other country specific requirements in line with the guidance provided under the Globally Harmonized System (GHS).
- Participates in the development and completion of safety related training.
- Supports Quidel’s waste management program, including hazardous waste, bio-waste, universal waste, and recycling programs annual regulatory reporting and corporate metric updates.
- Participates as an Emergency Response Team member.
- Performs ergonomic assessments of workstations.
- Maintenance of corporate master service agreements for EHS service providers.
- Assist in the implementation and management of a corporate Safety Management System.
- Provides guidance to employees with regards to safety and environmental issues, including corrective actions, problem solving, and new process evaluations.
- Supports cross functional team with the development and maintenance of the Business Continuity Plan for each Quidel location.
- Supports corporate sustainability initiatives.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- BS/BA degree in Environmental Health, Occupational Health, Industrial Hygiene, Chemistry, Biology, or Engineering related field or equivalent preferred
- Two to five years of related experience in environmental health, safety, or project management field preferred.
- Preferably in medical, biotech or pharmaceutical industry (or equivalent combination of education and/or work experience may be accepted)
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS
- Familiar with applicable regulations pertaining to environmental health and safety matters
- First Aid/AED & CPR, Hazardous Waste management credentials preferred
- Excellent organizational, verbal, written, and project management skills
- Strong analytical skills to assess situations and respond accordingly
- Ability to communicate effectively and interact with a diverse employee population
- Working knowledge with Microsoft Office suite programs
Before you apply, please make sure you share Quidel’ s values. We pride ourselves on keeping these values in mind every day as we execute on goals and plan for the future. We are seeking employees who share the same mindset and commitment to be customer driven, focused on execution, and new product oriented. We succeed by being determined, optimistic team players.
Quidel is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans). We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.