View job on Handshake
Torch Technologies is seeking a entry-level software developer / systems analyst for the validation of Groundbased Midcourse Defense (GMD) Modeling and Simulation (M&S). This is a unique opportunity to learn missile defense M&S from the top down and gain experience into the opportunities and challenges of modeling tactical systems. The developer will partner with senior analysts on the team to develop and revise software for data analysis, perform the analysis, and develop reports and briefings for senior Missile Defense Agency (MDA) leadership to understand the capabilities and limitations of M&S. This position is located on Redstone Arsenal.
• Develop and use analytical software tools to analyze data.
• Refactors legacy Matlab analysis software into Python
• Pre-processes, formats M&S data to match ground test and flight test data.
• Reviews M&S results for accuracy, and quality prior to analysis.
• Prepares and publishes validation reports to document findings.
• Presents analysis results internally with the team.
• Archives data and reports. Utilizes and improves software configuration management tools.
• Work well with and take direction from more senior engineers.
• Regularly communicate status, accomplishments and needs to project lead.
- Data analysis
- Proficiency in MATLAB and Python
- Proficiency with Windows and Linux environments
- Knowledge of software development processes including configuration management such as Git
- Experience with LaTek is desired
- Ability to clearly present and communicate technical approaches and findings to non-experts
- Writing analysis plans and procedures and reporting of results is desired
- Excellent technical writing skills
- Excellent verbal communication skills
BS with 0 or more years’ experience. Bachelor of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics, chemistry, or other technical degree.
Citizenship and Clearance:
An active DoD Secret clearance is required to perform this work. The inability to obtain and maintain a security clearance will result in candidate being ineligible for this position