About the job
About TATA Consultancy Services (TCS)
Our extensive industry expertise and sharp focus on customer service has resulted in TCS being one of the fastest-growing technology companies in the world, with 500,000 of the world’s best-trained consultants in 46 countries. The company generated consolidated revenues of US $25.7 billion in the fiscal year ended March 31, 2022
Job Title: Data Analyst
Job Location : Bellevue, WA
Job Type: Full Time
As a Data Analyst you will be trained on Analytics, Data Engineering, Visualization, and software applications associated and then get deployed on projects to the world class clients we serve. Campus hires begin their careers with TCS in the Initial Learning Program. A fully paid training program designed to provide you with the information and training necessary to succeed at TCS and excel at client sites. However, the learning does not stop there! TCS is committed to the continuous growth of its associates, in line with the core value of Learning & Sharing. We offer a Continuous Learning Program that spans technologies, domains, processes, and soft skills.
· Work closely with IT and Business team to understand information requirements and business rules.
· Conduct data analysis as per project requirements
· Ability to convert business requirement into meaningful and explanatory visualization
· Understand and review various source specification documents and define data derivation and mapping rules for extracting data from various data sources
· Create mockup layout design and wireframes using visualization features available in Tableau
· Good in data Storytelling and chart optimization.
· Define data derivation and mapping rules for extracting data from various data sources.
· Ability to interpret data and analyze results using statistical technique’s
· Computer Engineering (CE), Computer Science (CS) or Software Engineering (SE), Information Technology, Information Systems, Management Information Systems, Information Science, Mathematics.
· Knowledge of basic computer science concepts, programming, Information Systems. Knowledge of one programming language is a must (preferable Python)
· Strong Knowledge and experience of writing queries in SQL and query optimization
· Knowledge of statistics and basic data analytics concepts to derive information from data. Knowledge of machine learning algorithms and techniques is a plus.
· Strong analytical ability to collect data from different sources, analyze it and present it to stakeholders
· Exposure to BI tools, Data Visualization, ETL concepts and application.
· Interest and willingness to travel and relocation