View job on Handshake
As a Package Consultant at IBM, get ready to tackle numerous mission-critical company directives. Our team takes on the challenge of designing, developing and re-engineering highly complex application components and integrating software packages using various tools. You will use a mix of consultative skills, business knowledge, and technical expertise to effectively integrate packaged technology into our clients’ business environment and achieve business results.
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM is a global cognitive and cloud company changing the way the world works. We foster a culture of creative, innovative thinkers; people who are curious about how technology can transform businesses and impact the world. Our consultants are part of IBM Services where we engage with clients across every industry to deliver technology-driven solutions. We cultivate a diverse, inclusive, global team of people who want to pioneer, reimagine and disrupt the future. We’re driven to stay ahead in the marketplace and enhance our relevance to be essential to our clients, and this begins with our talent.
We’re looking for passionate, original thinkers who want to drive progress, grow their network and further their careers. As an Associate, you’ll be a part of client-facing teams to help businesses change the way they work, helping clients in the selection, implementation, and production support of application packaged solutions.
You’ll develop expertise in SAP packages for existing and new applications and be well versed to speak with clients and make strategic recommendations. We prioritize ongoing learning, development of consulting and/or technical skills, and continuous personal growth, all grounded in a culture of coaching and apprenticeship.
Work you could do as an Associate SAP FICO Consultant
- Assist clients in selection, implementation, and support of packages
- Get client-facing experience and industry knowledge
- Leverage business knowledge to drive solutions for clients and their management
About the Client Innovation Center (CIC):
- The IBM Client Innovation Center is an in-bound delivery model where we support our clients from our Baton Rouge center
- Some travel is expected, and all candidates must be willing and able to travel to meet our client needs across the US. Travel is typically related to knowledge transfer and training at the client site. You are expected to travel up to 50% of the time.
- You must live in, or be willing to relocate to Louisiana once our offices reopen permanently (currently, many IBM offices are working remotely due to Covid)
- Our motto: Right Time, Right Place, Change the World.
- Check us out on YouTube: https://youtu.be/ipp-4fZv_ys
START DATES AS EARLY AS JANUARY 2022
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- General knowledge in Accounting, Finance or related field
- Basic understanding of SAP Applications (Configurations, Implementations, etc)
- Ability to thrive in an ever changing, technology-based consulting environment
- Ability to translate business solutions into technical requirements
- A passion for innovative ideas, coupled with the ability to understand and assimilate different points of view
- Openness to assist clients in the design, business architect, process development, functional implementation, and support of applications.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- 1 year of exposure to Accounting and/or Finance field
- 1 year of exposure to SAP FICO modules (configurations, implementations, etc.)
- Knowledge of Enterprise Applications (EA) Implementation Methodology (ASAP, ACTIVATE), Development Methodologies (Agile, Waterfall) and Implementation Tools (Solution Manager, Worksoft, EnableNow, etc.)