View job on Handshake
At Office Depot, we’re all about inspiring the determined go-getters of the world to achieve their dreams. Just as we believe in providing the very services, solutions and products to our customers, we also believe in providing the very best opportunities, resources and development to our associates. #LifeAtDepot is more than just building your career; it’s about embracing transformation, sparking innovation and pushing you to be the difference.
The role of the Enterprise Data & Intelligence Intern is to learn the design, build and maintenance of high-quality technology solutions that deliver an exceptional customer experience. As an intern, you’ll work closely with team mates on an agile development team, requiring close and continuous collaboration with developers, product managers and program managers. You’ll learn how to translate user stories and functional requirements into scalable, resilient, and secure technical designs.
To be considered for this role, applicants must be enrolled in an accredited university with a minimum of 60 credit hours completed at time of hire.
- Translate business requirements into code and documentation
- Develop metadata definitions from the business rules
- Develop SSAS data mart
- Develop actionable KPI dashboards
- Provide appropriate documentation
- Leads and participates in internship-associated project(s), both functionally and in an enterprise capacity.
- Currently pursuing Bachelor’s (Seniors) or Master’s degree in Computer Science or similar area of study. GPA of 3.0 or higher. Experience coding in a collegiate setting.
- We are focusing on individuals with expected graduation dates in 2023 or earlier.
- Experience with the Microsoft Office Suite & MS OLAP Suite (SQL Server, SSIS, SSAS, PowerBI)
- Prior internships, research projects and hackathon participation preferred.
- Demonstrates excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Aptitude and willingness to learn and self-teach new skills.
- Demonstrate leadership qualities through effective decision making.
- Works effectively with others from diverse backgrounds to achieve common goal.
- Ability to deliver timely results while effectively prioritizing, scheduling, planning and executing assigned work.
- Desire to pursue a career in the Enterprise Intelligence space.
- Must be available to work up to 40 hours per week during entire length of program.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Office Depot and Office Max is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records City & County of San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.