View job on Handshake
At Grainger, we’re committed to our purpose – We Keep the World Working. Grainger is a leading global supplier of maintenance, repair, and operational supplies. Our 23,000 employees are driven to serve customers and the community in exceptional ways; focusing on delivering the highest level of service leveraging the most innovative solutions. In the Grainger Technology Group, we deliver the technology platforms, systems, and services that power the Grainger business. As part of our team, you’ll be able to develop your talents and make a difference. Grainger is a Fortune 500 company and a perennial member of Fortune magazine’s Most Admired Companies list.
The Engineering Development Program (EDP) is a comprehensive rotational program that enables team members to gain experience across varied tech stacks and business areas. As an EDP analyst team member, you will participate in two 6-8-month rotations, which will provide exposure to a variety of teams and leaders in key areas within the Grainger Technology Group. EDP team members have development, training, networking, and experiential learning opportunities that are unparalleled to other entry-level positions.
We are looking for analysts with strong technical and analytical skills as well as excellent interpersonal and effective communication skills. You will be involved in a variety of disciplines including data engineering, data visualization, cloud infrastructure engineering, performance and site reliability, networking, security, mobile development, web development, and more. As a team member you will:
- Operate effectively in an Agile development environment
- Participate in experiential learning & activities; Gain exposure to other cross-functional areas of Grainger
- Assist in the ongoing development of the EDP and annual campus recruiting activities
- Actively seek leadership experiences inside and outside of the functions
- Display a proactive, results-oriented attitude; Flexibility to work in an environment of constant change
- Communicate with appropriate stakeholders, document processes, and make technical recommendations
- Gather data to support technical recommendations to address problems
- Write user stories and ensure the integrity of stories across projects
- Define, perform and document basic functional configuration activities
What You Need to Succeed In This Program
- Previous internship/work experience
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to build relationships and a track record of achieving results,
- Demonstrated communication, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Four-year degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems, or related field
- Expected graduation with a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree between Winter 2021 – Spring/Fall 2022
- Preferred GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale
- Does not require sponsorship
Grainger is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.