View job on Handshake
Who We Are:
The Embedded Systems Section oversees complex real-time embedded systems design for aerospace avionics electronics. Our section also specializes in avionics cybersecurity and pushes the boundaries of innovation, redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various sciences.
Objectives of this Role:
- This position has the option of being a fully remote in the following states: AL, AZ, CO, Dis. of Columbia, FL, GA, MD, MI, MN, NH, NJ, NC, OH, OK, OR, TX, UT, VA, WV only. Alternate work location is San Antonio, TX.
- Performs/supports cyber-resilient engineering for complex real-time embedded systems avionics designs.
- Performs/supports internally and externally funded research and development towards avionics cybersecurity hardware/applications.
- Performs/supports schematic design and development for embeddable circuit card assemblies, firmware development and real-time embedded system software design and development.
- Performs software/hardware/firmware architecture design activities.
- Performs cyber-physical embedded system test development and test execution in avionics labs.
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities:
- Supports/leads electrical/software/firmware design activities, discussions and reviews.
- Gathers and provides rationale for design decisions during internal reviews of hardware/firmware designs and development.
- Performs systems integration activities, from benchtop level testing to systems integration testing, of embedded designs.
- Coordinates frequently with senior engineering and management on status.
- Requires a Bachelors, Masters, or a PhD with a 3.00 GPA in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Aerospace Engineering
- Must have a related internship or industry experience
- 0-5: Electrical/hardware/firmware design and development skills
- C, C++, Python, Arduino, Matlab, UML, real-time operating system
- Component selection to meet airworthiness requirements, schematic design
- Cyber-physical testing, false data injection, hijacking
- Architecture design and development, real-time operating systems
- Use of AI/ML towards embedded systems applications
- Hardware/software integration, HWiL testing, simulation environments
- Test planning, execution and documentation
- A valid/clear driver’s license is required
Applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Applicant must be a U.S. citizen.
Job Locations: San Antonio, Texas Or Remote
For benefits information at our San Antonio location, click here.
For benefits information at all other locations, click here.