Who We Are:
The Automotive Propulsion Systems Department works to better the world by improving efficiency and reducing energy consumption of mobility systems. We research, develop and test a wide range of technologies including electric, fuel-cell, hybrid, combustion and connected vehicles and power systems.
Objectives of this Role:
- Support the engineering team by providing LabVIEW software development expertise.
- Design, Commission and Operate test cell /stands including data acquisition and control system, test article operation, data analysis.
- Support software development, CAN and other communication reverse engineering as needed.
- Support the functional areas of the EaS section (Project Management, Proposal preparation, etc.).
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities:
- Design, develop, test and support LabVIEW based automotive test cell systems.
- Support the development of controls and data acquisition systems for conventional powertrain test stands and vehicles. These include engines, transmissions, dynamometers and other components.
- Support the development of controls and data acquisition systems for electrified powertrain test stands and vehicles. These include motors, inverters, batteries and other vehicle components.
- Provide support for existing and legacy controls and systems.
- Manage tasks / projects and handle proposal preparation and sales functions.
- Requires a Bachelors with a 3.00 GPA in Computer, Electrical, Mechanical or related Engineering
- 0-5 years: LabVIEW software design, development and troubleshooting
- Experience or interest in learning other software languages: C, C++, VHDL / Verilog, Simulink experience
- 0-5 years: Data acquisition and controls development experience for electromechanical systems, including electronics and instrumentation
- Experience with propulsion technologies including: electric motors, inverters, batteries, engines or transmissions a plus
- 0-5 years: Experience implementing serial communications, especially CAN and TCP/UDP/IP; experience with other protocols or ability to learn other protocols
- 0-5 years: Experience troubleshooting electronic or mechanical systems
- A valid/clear driver’s license is required
Work assignment is in Ann Arbor, Michigan. Must be a U.S. citizen or Permanent Resident due to ITAR work in section.